Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Drawer slide recommendation ?

I recently used Accuride 3832C drawer slides in a media cabinet (20",
full extension, $23/pr, Rockler).

They work well enough, except for one problem. It takes a rather
excessive amount of force to overcome the friction stop in order to
fully push closed the drawer. Conversely, when opening the drawer, you
have to really pull in order for the drawer to release. Unnecessarily
so.

There is nothing wrong with this particular set of slides. The
friction stop is part of the design. It may loosen up with use. But I
want to replace them.

So, any recommendations for a similar quality slide that does not have
the problem as described above.

Thanks,
Larry
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
I recently used Accuride 3832C drawer slides in a media cabinet (20",
full extension, $23/pr, Rockler).

They work well enough, except for one problem. It takes a rather
excessive amount of force to overcome the friction stop in order to
fully push closed the drawer. Conversely, when opening the drawer, you
have to really pull in order for the drawer to release. Unnecessarily
so.

There is nothing wrong with this particular set of slides. The
friction stop is part of the design. It may loosen up with use. But I
want to replace them.

So, any recommendations for a similar quality slide that does not have
the problem as described above.

Thanks,
Larry

Something to consider, if you do not build to fit within the slides
tolerances it will require more effort to do every thing, open, close, and
slide the drawer. Basically and typically you nave a tolerance of 1/32"
total for the drawer to be the perfect size for the opening.

If you are properly set up in that aspect, is the drawer slide self closing?
Some times these self closers will add resistance to break free of the self
closer when opening a drawer from a fully closed position.

You should not be experiencing an excessive required force as you have
indicated. As an experiment remove a drawer and one complete slide assy.
With the drawer setting on a work surface and the full slide assembly
attached to one side of the drawer, move the slide open and closed. Do you
experience the same difficulty? If so, you probably are outside the
tolerances of the slide. When the slide is pushed too tightly by an
oversized drawer or if it is spread apart by a drawer that is too narrow the
ball bearings don't ride correctly in the track and will exhibit the need
for excess force for all movement and especially when closing or opening.
This is going to be true regardless of brand.

Also check to make sure that you have the drawer side of the slide properly
engaged with the cabinet side of the slide. It is possible to mismatch then
inserting the drawer and this will cause the situation that you describe.

If the drawer is too wide you can cut some of the drawer away, a slot if you
will for the slide to mount inside. Remember it is not going to take much,
1/32" or less deep.
If the drawer is too narrow you can shim either the cabinet or drawer side
of the slide. If you will recall there are lots of mounting holes in the
cabinet side of the slide. The holes on the elongated tabs are designed to
let the slide pull out slightly from the cabinet as they allow the tabs to
flex. If you drawer is too narrow you might try remounting the cabinet side
of the slide using the last hole on each of those tabs.

Also consider loading the drawers with the items that you plan to store in
them. A heavier drawer tends to operate more smoothly.

I have used several brands of slides and typically a difficulty to open or
close drawer is an indicator that the drawer is not with in tolerances.

A properly fitted drawer should easily be closed by simply giving it a
shove. You should not have to push it closed.

Good luck.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Hey Leon,

Thanks for the reply. The slides are installed within tolerance. A
perfectly fit, actualy.

Good idea to test the action of the slide on its own, not installed. I
did just that. Actually, I noticed before I even installed the slides
for the first time that they had this friction stop at the end. I
thought that once they were attached to a drawer and once the drawer
had some stuff in it, the excesive friction would feel just about
right. But No, still too much.

No, the slides are not self closing. I like the idea of self closing,
but the ones I looked at looked too much like kitchen drawer hardware.

I really think that this is how the slides are designed. The friction
is smooth, just excessive; nothing feels like it is catching. And as
you say, with stuff in the drawers to provide a little inertia, the
effect will be less.

Anyway, if you had a particular brand and model of slide that you like
I will certainly look at them.

Thanks again,
Larry

On Nov 19, 8:58*am, "Leon" wrote:

[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking

And just to clarify. The slides are smoooth all along their travel. It
is just at the very end, the last 1/8", as you are pushing the drawer
fully closed, that the *friction catch* comes into play.
Larry

On Nov 19, 8:58*am, "Leon" wrote:

[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
And just to clarify. The slides are smoooth all along their travel. It
is just at the very end, the last 1/8", as you are pushing the drawer
fully closed, that the *friction catch* comes into play.

Have you tried giving Accuride a call? They might have an adjustment
procedure or some sort of corrective action.

By the way, there's a self-closing slide in that same series, that doesn't
have the detent.

Larry

On Nov 19, 8:58 am, "Leon" wrote:

[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking

Not much to add here after all that good advice. (Great post,
Leon!). There are only a couple of other things I would consider.

I would check to see if the drawer box is wracked, or twisted. As you
know, it doesn't take much to ruin that "one finger pull" we all
like. After being beat to death by drawer slides in a kitchen I was
remodeling, I found that the cabinets were the problem. Sitting on a
barely uneven floor after installation, it twisted the lower drawer
boxes just enough to cause the frames to be wracked a tiny bit. The
drawer worked fine, but didn't glide. I like glide.

This was my solution: I loosened the screws at the middle and rear of
the drawer box a bit, and took the screws out of the socket. I hung
the socket in a new hole and left it snug, but moveable.

I then put the drawer in and opened and closed it several times. It
began to work better. I loaded the drawer. Now it worked much
better. I took the stuff out of the drawer and tightened the screws
on the slides and sockets. Worked like a champ. It only took me a
whole damn day to figure that one out.

The drawer/cabinet combo was off a little less than a 1/8" between the
two of them combined on a 30" wide 30" deep and 12" tall
drawer. That's not much at all. Plenty to ruin the glide, though.
Apparently the drawer had wracked a bit, and the socket surface had
distorted after installation.

Make sure you didn't buy more slide than you need. When you start
getting into the really heavy slides, they don't roll quite as well as
one made for a lighter load. IME, a 500# rated slide (lateral file
cabinets) doesn't move as smoothly as a desk drawer model rated at
50#.

With that in mind, load it up before you make a decision. Accuride
isn't the only game in town, but they make a very reliable product.
When using the good slides like Accuride that are designed to carry
weight, they roll much better under load, probably because you are
engaging the bearings.

Robert
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
And just to clarify. The slides are smoooth all along their travel. It
is just at the very end, the last 1/8", as you are pushing the drawer
fully closed, that the *friction catch* comes into play.
Larry

Ok, one last thing to consider. If you put too big of a screw near the
front cabinet side, the head can interfear with the closing of the slide.
You might want to double check that. Easiest way is to remove the screw and
try the result.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
Hey Leon,

Thanks for the reply. The slides are installed within tolerance. A
perfectly fit, actualy.

Good idea to test the action of the slide on its own, not installed. I
did just that. Actually, I noticed before I even installed the slides
for the first time that they had this friction stop at the end. I
thought that once they were attached to a drawer and once the drawer
had some stuff in it, the excesive friction would feel just about
right. But No, still too much.

No, the slides are not self closing. I like the idea of self closing,
but the ones I looked at looked too much like kitchen drawer hardware.

Ok, you want the self closing, I was not sure you could get other than self
closing these days. I know what you are talking about now. That detent
keeps the drawer from reopening on its own if the cab is not on a level
surface.

The self closing ones do provide resistance but much less than the plain
slides. You also might want to consider the "soft close self closing
slides. You can give them a pretty hard shove to close and about 2" out a
small hydraulic piston dampens the force and pulls the drawer shut.

I prefer KV brand slides. 8417 series for self closing and 8450 for self
closing and soft close.
http://wwhardware.com/catalog.cfm/Gr...ll%20Bea ring

Posted to rec.woodworking

Hey Kevin,

Bingo! I just found these rubbery-plastic bumpers on my own minutes
ago, came back to the computer to report and here was your post.
Thanks,

I removed them and there is, as you say, no resistance at all. Much
better. But there is no longer a positive closed position. The drawer
can wander, in and out, by a 1/16" or so. And since these are flush
drawers, that is not really acceptable, either. I'll see if I can
shave the bumpers for a perfect fit.

I'd still be interested in knowing peoples favorite slides for future.

Thanks all for your responses,

Larry

On Nov 19, 10:58*am, Kevin wrote:
On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 06:36:55 -0800 (PST), wrote:
And just to clarify. The slides are smoooth all along their travel. It
is just at the very end, the last 1/8", as you are pushing the drawer
fully closed, that the *friction catch* comes into play.

There is a plastic piece that slides over a metal tab at the back that
acts as a bit of a lock to keep the drawer closed and from bouncing
back. *You can remove these if you want no resistance, or shave a
little off the top and bottom with a chisel to reduce the friction.

-Kevin

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

I'd still be interested in knowing peoples favorite slides for future.

I'm with Leon on the KV's for side mount general purpose slides.

If you want undermount, and really want to wow the women(they will stand
in a kitchen and open and close these drawers endlessly), try the
Hettich Quadro IW 21 "Silent System" slides.

http://www.thehardwarehut.com/catalo...p?p_ref=254507

(For illustration only ... you can beat these prices easily).

Caveat: they can be a PITA to install, particularly if you're not
meticulous with your drawers and cabinet construction (the slides are
the tail that wags the dog as far as drawer dimension/design goes) but
worth the hassle because they never fail please the woman of the house,
which is all that matters in the end.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to rec.woodworking

as far as alternatives to Accuride, I love the undermount slides from
Blum, which install easily and perform flawlessly, in my experience.
As for sidemount slides, for a recent project I ordered drawer parts
from Unique Drawer Boxes, and the salesman there persuaded me to try
U.S. Futaba slides, which he said were better than Accuride. I used
them, and they seem very good--smooth and strong. I haven't used
Accuride, so I don't know how they compare...
HTH,
Eric
Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman said:

wrote:

I'd still be interested in knowing peoples favorite slides for future.

I'm with Leon on the KV's for side mount general purpose slides.

If you want undermount, and really want to wow the women(they will stand
in a kitchen and open and close these drawers endlessly), try the
Hettich Quadro IW 21 "Silent System" slides.

http://www.thehardwarehut.com/catalo...p?p_ref=254507

(For illustration only ... you can beat these prices easily).

Caveat: they can be a PITA to install, particularly if you're not
meticulous with your drawers and cabinet construction (the slides are
the tail that wags the dog as far as drawer dimension/design goes) but
worth the hassle because they never fail please the woman of the house,
which is all that matters in the end.

Hey, women aren't the only one who can appreciate a smooth, precision
mechanism. (cue the double entendre...) In fact I'd say that you or
I would probably have as much or more appreciation. Last girl I dated
would put her junk in a cardboard box and never miss a thing - every
car door closing was an ear popping experience. Besides, just how
many times did you open & close the drawers on your last project?

16 x 2 x $22.= $704. Ouch, but I guess you get what you pay for...

Greg G.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 11:20:33 -0800, crane763 wrote:

I'd still be interested in knowing peoples favorite slides for future.

My favorite slide is wooden drawers on wooden runners :-).

And, built right, a lot less installation hassle.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 11:20:33 -0800, crane763 wrote:

I'd still be interested in knowing peoples favorite slides for
future.

My favorite slide is wooden drawers on wooden runners :-).

And, built right, a lot less installation hassle.

For lightweight drawers that can conveniently be completely removed that's
fine. For something that's going to be full of pots and pans or food or
tools that you want to be able to get to the back of, not so much.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 10:19:19 -0500, the infamous "J. Clarke"
scrawled the following:

wrote:
And just to clarify. The slides are smoooth all along their travel. It
is just at the very end, the last 1/8", as you are pushing the drawer
fully closed, that the *friction catch* comes into play.

Have you tried giving Accuride a call? They might have an adjustment
procedure or some sort of corrective action.

The mechanisms I've seen for that are made of rubber, so a razor knife
would be the quickest way to ease the anti-slam/stay-closed mechanism.
Just pare off a bit, or, if he prefers, remove the rubber baby buggy
bumper thang. No sweat.

LJ, who thirsts for a couple pair of 60" Accuride 9301s, juscuz.

(I just googled for the site and discovered that Accuride filed for
bankruptcy on October 8th. Thank you, O!)

--
When we are planning for posterity,
we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 17:17:56 -0500, the infamous Greg
scrawled the following:

Swingman said:

wrote:

[...]

Pay for? Yeah, womenfolk are definitely a high-maintenance breed.

I've been very happy with my investment (2 whole pair!) in the zinc
plated, imported Accuride clones I got from the local hardwood shop.
The 22-inchers were $7 a pair, I believe, and are smooth as silk.
Some day I may even install them. (Yet another put-off project. They
were to go under the center of my rollaround work bench that I hardly
use.)

--
When we are planning for posterity,
we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary.
-- Thomas Paine
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 18:30:04 -0600, the infamous Larry Blanchard
scrawled the following:

On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 11:20:33 -0800, crane763 wrote:

I'd still be interested in knowing peoples favorite slides for future.

My favorite slide is wooden drawers on wooden runners :-).

And, built right, a lot less installation hassle.

I continue to have to wax my runners twice a year in my old kitchen if
I want to have a somewhat sane time working in there.

P.S: You like wooden runners? Masochism is a treatable illness,
y'know.

--
When we are planning for posterity,
we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary.
-- Thomas Paine
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 13:04:43 -0800 (PST), the infamous
" scrawled the following:

as far as alternatives to Accuride, I love the undermount slides from
Blum, which install easily and perform flawlessly, in my experience.
As for sidemount slides, for a recent project I ordered drawer parts
from Unique Drawer Boxes, and the salesman there persuaded me to try
U.S. Futaba slides, which he said were better than Accuride. I used
them, and they seem very good--smooth and strong. I haven't used
Accuride, so I don't know how they compare...

Blum has an interesting corner drawer setup, too.
http://fwd4.me/59Y Click on the thumbnail for a real pic.

--
When we are planning for posterity,
we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary.
-- Thomas Paine
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 01:46:22 -0500, J. Clarke wrote:

Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 11:20:33 -0800, crane763 wrote:

I'd still be interested in knowing peoples favorite slides for future.

My favorite slide is wooden drawers on wooden runners :-).

And, built right, a lot less installation hassle.

For lightweight drawers that can conveniently be completely removed
that's fine. For something that's going to be full of pots and pans or
food or tools that you want to be able to get to the back of, not so
much.

I agree on the over-extension case. That's hard to do in wood. As far
as only light duty, that depends on the definition. In our entertainment
center I have large drawers full of VCR tapes that must weigh close to 50
pounds on wooden runners. OTOH, drawers full of vinyl records *are* on
metal runners since thay hold around 100 pounds each.

And yes, I'm in the process of converting the records to CDs and the
tapes to DVDs :-).

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 06:30:12 -0800, Larry Jaques wrote:

My favorite slide is wooden drawers on wooden runners :-).

And, built right, a lot less installation hassle.

I continue to have to wax my runners twice a year in my old kitchen if I
want to have a somewhat sane time working in there.

P.S: You like wooden runners? Masochism is a treatable illness, y'know.

Nope - Masochism is getting metal slides lined up :-).

And with birch sides on birch runners, I've never had to wax. But your
kitchen drawers most likely have a heavier duty cycle.

Posted to rec.woodworking

om...

Larry Blanchard wrote:
[...]

You might want to rethink, LOL.. I read a couple of days ago that
DVD and BlueRay may be out done by plug in memory devices.

It's the 21st Century anway--put in a couple of terabytes of RAID and you've
got them all online and viewable from anywhere.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 12:03:33 -0600, the infamous Larry Blanchard
scrawled the following:

On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 06:30:12 -0800, Larry Jaques wrote:

My favorite slide is wooden drawers on wooden runners :-).

And, built right, a lot less installation hassle.

I continue to have to wax my runners twice a year in my old kitchen if I
want to have a somewhat sane time working in there.

P.S: You like wooden runners? Masochism is a treatable illness, y'know.

Nope - Masochism is getting metal slides lined up :-).

Aw, ya wuss!

And with birch sides on birch runners, I've never had to wax. But your
kitchen drawers most likely have a heavier duty cycle.

You bet. Half of them are full of arn tools.

--
When we are planning for posterity,
we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary.
-- Thomas Paine
Posted to rec.woodworking

Larry Blanchard wrote:
[...]

I can't afford to keep up with every new advance. The only reason I'm
even doing the conversions is that optical storage lasts longer.

And I don't like viewing/listening on my computer, and no, I can't
connect my computer to my TV nor would I if I could. All new toys are
not progress, just a way to part us from our cash.

And for the obligatory WW reference, the previous statement applies to
tools just as well as it does to electronics.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 15:12:14 -0500, the infamous "J. Clarke"
scrawled the following:

Larry Blanchard wrote:
[...]

I just picked up a 64GB thumb drive today for $23.99, delivered.

--
When we are planning for posterity,
we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary.
-- Thomas Paine

Posted to rec.woodworking

Larry Blanchard wrote:
[...]

Run the numbers. A Blu-Ray disk gives you 25 gig for 8 bucks. That's 320
bucks a terabyte.

Terabyte drives go for 85 bucks.

So if you're being cheap the RAID is the way to go.

And I don't like viewing/listening on my computer, and no, I can't
connect my computer to my TV nor would I if I could. All new toys are
not progress, just a way to part us from our cash.

So don't view on your computer. Geez, a WDTV is under a hundred bucks. The
computer doesn't even have to be on the same continent.

And for the obligatory WW reference, the previous statement applies to
tools just as well as it does to electronics.

However why use an expensive inconvenient tool when a cheap convenient one
is available?

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

I just picked up a 64GB thumb drive today for $23.99, delivered.

Where?

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

I just picked up a 64GB thumb drive today for $23.99, delivered.

Precicely what I am talking about. Now a smart company would make a player
similar to a stand alone BlueRay or DVD player to access it, or add that
feature.

64GB for $23.99

As Fluffy would say. Daaaum

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:
"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

I just picked up a 64GB thumb drive today for $23.99, delivered.

Precicely what I am talking about. Now a smart company would make a
player similar to a stand alone BlueRay or DVD player to access it,
or add that feature.

Western Digital WDTV and WDTV Live, Viewsonic VMP70, ASUS O!Play, Brite-View
Cinematube and Cinemacube, Popcorn Hour, SageTV HD Theater, Dvico TVIX, XBox
360, and Playstation come to mind. I'm sure that that list is not
complete. Prices range from about 65 bucks for the entry-level Cinematube
(not recommended--it's their first generation and it shows) to around 500
for a special edition xbox. There are several good options for 120 bucks or
less.

All provide other features. If your intended primary use is to play back
content stored on a thumb drive, research carefully. Note that BestBuy
stocks the WDTV and WDTV Live so you should be able to try your card in one
before you buy.

I understand that some TVs, DVD, and Blu-Ray players can also play video off
of USB media.

64GB for $23.99

As Fluffy would say. Daaaum

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 00:12:17 -0500, the infamous "J. Clarke"
scrawled the following:

Run the numbers. A Blu-Ray disk gives you 25 gig for 8 bucks. That's 320
bucks a terabyte.

Terabyte drives go for 85 bucks.

So if you're being cheap the RAID is the way to go.

Drives are fallible. I have owned only one hard drive which has
outlasted a computer without failure. DVDs last a bit longer and you
can make several copies to ensure your data longevity. Floppies and
hard drives are magnetic and subject to erasure and degradation over
time which laser discs are not.

And I don't like viewing/listening on my computer, and no, I can't
connect my computer to my TV nor would I if I could. All new toys are
not progress, just a way to part us from our cash.

So don't view on your computer. Geez, a WDTV is under a hundred bucks. The
computer doesn't even have to be on the same continent.

I spent the money ($159 1998 dollars) on an executive chair (vs. $40
on a cheapie) and it was worth every penny. It has 5" thick cushions,
a tall back, and it's pneumatically height adjustable. It still looks
new after a decade and I can spend all day in it comfortably (with
eye, food, drink, and undrink breaks.) Spending a couple hours in it
for a movies isn't a problem...even less so with the new 23" monitor
and the old boombox (as amp) and good floor speakers hooked up to the
computer. It rocks, but not as well as my surround sound system in
the living room with the 25" tube type TV set. (A set which, I
understand, may be illegal to operate soon, given O's new regime)

And for the obligatory WW reference, the previous statement applies to
tools just as well as it does to electronics.

However why use an expensive inconvenient tool when a cheap convenient one
is available?

See above. Price works out about the same over longer times.

--
We have too many high sounding words, and too few actions that correspond
with them. -- Abigail Adams, letter to John Adams, 1774

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 09:48:31 -0500, "J. Clarke"
I understand that some TVs, DVD, and Blu-Ray players can also play
of USB media. video off

And in my case, my Yamaha stereo has a USB in port. Even a 4 gig USB
drive gives over a week with several thousand MP3 songs and it will
play for a week without repeating anything. $6.99. Can't ask for more
than that.

Music *I* like and nothing else. No commercials, no stoned disk
jockeys, just music.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 07:19:29 -0600, the infamous "Leon"
scrawled the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .

I just picked up a 64GB thumb drive today for $23.99, delivered.

Precicely what I am talking about. Now a smart company would make a player
similar to a stand alone BlueRay or DVD player to access it, or add that
feature.

64GB for $23.99

As Fluffy would say. Daaaum

Yeah, my first 20MB hard drive cost over $300. I much prefer today's
prices.

--
We have too many high sounding words, and too few actions that correspond
with them. -- Abigail Adams, letter to John Adams, 1774
Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Larry Jaques wrote:
Yeah, my first 20MB hard drive cost over $300. I much prefer today's
prices.

Heck, our first 10MB drive was about $10K iirc...surplussed

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 10:27:52 -0500, the infamous
scrawled the following:

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 09:48:31 -0500, "J. Clarke"
I understand that some TVs, DVD, and Blu-Ray players can also play
of USB media. video off

And in my case, my Yamaha stereo has a USB in port. Even a 4 gig USB
drive gives over a week with several thousand MP3 songs and it will
play for a week without repeating anything. $6.99. Can't ask for more
than that.

Home or vehicular system? As for "can't ask for more", sure I could.
I'd like that for _no_ cost, please.

www.Jango.com and www.Pandora.com on the web are relatively free from
distractions and cost.

Music *I* like and nothing else. No commercials, no stoned disk
jockeys, just music.

aMEN to that! The only reason I miss Dish at all is because of the
commercial-free music stations I used to listen to.

--
We have too many high sounding words, and too few actions that correspond
with them. -- Abigail Adams, letter to John Adams, 1774
Posted to rec.woodworking

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
Leon wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the info. I was totally unaware that the units existed for that
purpose.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 08:30:32 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

Home or vehicular system? As for "can't ask for more", sure I could.
I'd like that for _no_ cost, please.

Home system, RXV-3800. Second highest end model available. Sure, I
could go for higher a end model, but this one does all that I want.
Can't ask for much more.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

aMEN to that! The only reason I miss Dish at all is because of the
commercial-free music stations I used to listen to.

FiOS has commercial-free music channels.

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 10:19:28 -0600, the infamous dpb
scrawled the following:

Larry Jaques wrote:
Yeah, my first 20MB hard drive cost over $300. I much prefer today's
prices.

Heck, our first 10MB drive was about $10K iirc...surplussed

Ooh, it sounds like you started well before me. I was a late bloomer,
coming around in 1988ish.

--
We have too many high sounding words, and too few actions that correspond
with them. -- Abigail Adams, letter to John Adams, 1774

How far can a drawer slide out? Aaron Fude Home Repair 11 January 21st 09 11:45 PM
Old drawer slide???? Xantipas Home Repair 6 June 28th 08 07:34 PM
Old drawer slide???? RicodJour Home Repair 1 June 28th 08 03:33 AM
drawer slide Lee Woodworking 2 April 1st 08 07:38 PM
What do these drawer slide numbers mean? Dukes909 Woodworking 3 March 9th 06 06:30 PM