Roger L

Default Drill press decisions / recommendations

Just got up the courage to replace my "cheapo" bench top drill press.

Any one have a suggestion for a drill press similar to the Grizzly G7948 (12
speed 1.5 HP 20") or the Grizzly G7947 (12 speed 1 HP 17")?

I was leaning toward the 20" thanks to the larger table, something that I
prefer. Thinking about it for a couple of weeks, called Grizzly today and
sure enough, both models on backorder for 4 to 6 weeks.

Upsetting to finally come around to purchasing, and find they are out of
stock. Second time this has happened to me, and most likely second time
they will loose a sale. They advertise all that sqft, but it really does no
good if it is empty.

So here I ask; anyone know who carries an equivalent drill press? I see
that HF has a similar model, looks to be like the same import model.

Thanks,
Roger