Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Deep Forest Amchair

I don't know about you, but this chair made a huge impression on me...
and not just because of the price...

http://www.kibardindesign.com/collec...est-chair.aspx

I must be more old fashioned than I thought. While this looks rather
interesting, I prefer something a little softer for my derriere.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Casper said:

I don't know about you, but this chair made a huge impression on me...
and not just because of the price...

http://www.kibardindesign.com/collec...est-chair.aspx

I must be more old fashioned than I thought. While this looks rather
interesting, I prefer something a little softer for my derriere.

Well, it is artsy - and probably its biggest draw. And may not be as
uncomfortable as you might think - it is contoured although extended
use might prove a bit hard. In that case it would be the perfect
chair to pull out when the inlaws visit.

Even with a soft throw cushion applied, however, the price is very
uncomfortable. I'm sure some freak on Wall street has a dozen ordered
for his office.

Greg G.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Casper wrote:
I don't know about you, but this chair made a huge impression on me...
and not just because of the price...

http://www.kibardindesign.com/collec...est-chair.aspx

I must be more old fashioned than I thought. While this looks rather
interesting, I prefer something a little softer for my derriere.

I liked the little blurb about using an "organic sheepskin". Do they
make inorganic sheepskins?

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

Preserve Bacteria.. Its the only
culture some people have.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Gerald Ross" wrote

I liked the little blurb about using an "organic sheepskin". Do they make
inorganic sheepskins?
--

Naugahide??

Posted to rec.woodworking

Gerald Ross wrote:
Casper wrote:
I don't know about you, but this chair made a huge impression on
me... and not just because of the price...

http://www.kibardindesign.com/collec...est-chair.aspx

I must be more old fashioned than I thought. While this looks rather
interesting, I prefer something a little softer for my derriere.

I liked the little blurb about using an "organic sheepskin". Do they
make inorganic sheepskins?

Oddly, under the bizarre rules of nomenclature that the FDA requires be
applied to agricultural products, there are.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 11/10/2009 4:43 PM dpb spake thus:

Lee Michaels wrote:

"Gerald Ross" wrote

I liked the little blurb about using an "organic sheepskin". Do they make
inorganic sheepskins?

Naugahide??

From the wild naugabeest you mean???

It's naugahyde, and I prefer mine from free-range naugabeests.

--
Who needs a junta or a dictatorship when you have a Congress
blowing Wall Street, using the media as a condom?

- harvested from Usenet
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message

"Gerald Ross" wrote

I liked the little blurb about using an "organic sheepskin". Do they make
inorganic sheepskins?
--

Naugahide??

No, that's from nauga's.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 18:56:43 -0500, Gerald Ross
wrote:

I liked the little blurb about using an "organic sheepskin". Do they
make inorganic sheepskins?

Sure they do. Commonly used to prevent bed sores. Damned sight cheaper
than the real version.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Naugahide??

From the wild naugabeest you mean???

The Nauga Story...
http://www.naugahyde.com/history.html

Adopt-A-Nauga...
http://www.naugahyde.com/promoitems_nauga.html

Don't you hate when animals are blatantly used in cheap scams?
Humanity has so abused the poor little nauga.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Casper wrote:
I don't know about you, but this chair made a huge impression on me...
and not just because of the price...

http://www.kibardindesign.com/collec...est-chair.aspx

I must be more old fashioned than I thought. While this looks rather
interesting, I prefer something a little softer for my derriere.

Oooo...I *LIKE* it. Unfortunately, so would the gazillion or so spiders
that live here...dozens of places to hide and make webs

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Posted to rec.woodworking

Casper said:

Naugahide??

From the wild naugabeest you mean???

The Nauga Story...
http://www.naugahyde.com/history.html

Adopt-A-Nauga...
http://www.naugahyde.com/promoitems_nauga.html

Don't you hate when animals are blatantly used in cheap scams?
Humanity has so abused the poor little nauga.

As a kid I worked in a furniture store repairing TVs and remember when
couches and chairs began coming in with little tags attached sporting
the Nauga pictures you just linked to. Thanks for the flashback.
I also remember the first Amana RadarRange. Man I feel old...

Greg G.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Thanks for the flashback.
I also remember the first Amana RadarRange. Man I feel old...

If you can remember the RadarRange, you *are* old. G Just like me, but
better old, than the alternative.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

"Rick Samuel" wrote in
:

Thanks for the flashback.
I also remember the first Amana RadarRange. Man I feel old...

If you can remember the RadarRange, you *are* old. G Just like me,
but
better old, than the alternative.

I still use the Amana Radarange cookbook for several recipes, including
their "very yakky chicken", a favorite of kids and grandkids, as well as
many others!

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Larry Jaques wrote in
:

FORTY FOUR HUNDRED EUROS for someone's mismatched dowel collection?

Pass.

At todays exchange rate of $1.50/€ that is $6600!! Btter buy it soon efore
the dollar drops even further.

Don't forget the cushions, either.

--
Best regards
Han

Posted to rec.woodworking

FORTY FOUR HUNDRED EUROS for someone's mismatched dowel collection?
Pass.
Larry Jaques

Just goes to prove I'm in the wrong line of work. I'm turning,
scrolling and carving and nothing for near that price. Apparently
I could make a killing in dowels. Go figure. sigh
`Casper
Posted to rec.woodworking

Han wrote:
"Rick Samuel" wrote in
:

Thanks for the flashback.
I also remember the first Amana RadarRange. Man I feel old...

If you can remember the RadarRange, you *are* old. G Just like
me, but
better old, than the alternative.

I still use the Amana Radarange cookbook for several recipes,
including their "very yakky chicken", a favorite of kids and
grandkids, as well as many others!

I remember the first Amana Radarange. I also remember seeing a Raytheon
radarange in the galley at the officers' club at the Navy base in Algiers,
Louisiana some time around 1962.

FWIW, Radarange as a brand still exists, although Amana is now just a badge
owned by Whirlpool.

Posted to rec.woodworking

As a kid I worked in a furniture store repairing TVs and remember when
couches and chairs began coming in with little tags attached sporting
the Nauga pictures you just linked to. Thanks for the flashback.
I also remember the first Amana RadarRange. Man I feel old...
Greg G.

Glad to bring back fun memories.

I had forgotten about the tags. I remembered them after you mentioned
it. Geez, now I'm feeling old too. Thanks guys! LOL
`Casper
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
Pass.

At todays exchange rate of $1.50/? that is $6600!! Btter buy it soon
efore
the dollar drops even further.

Man, I hadn't seen the dollar drop that far until now. thud

I wish it wasn't as well.
The Aussie$ is only 7.5c off parity at the moment. We're bleeding badly on
export contracts which are almost all written in $US.

diggerop

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Rick Samuel" wrote in message
Thanks for the flashback.
I also remember the first Amana RadarRange. Man I feel old...

If you can remember the RadarRange, you *are* old. G Just
like me, but better old, than the alternative.

We once lived next door to a former EE who worked on developing
the Chain Home Line during WW2 and was quite involved in the
manufacturing of the magnetron tube during and after the war. He
said that soon after the war ended, that he and some guys set up a
magnetron tube in a hallway at his research facility to look
through the wall and down the hallway. It was around 6000 watts
output and had a sufficiently high frequency they could get a
decent reflection off the pelvis of people walking the hallway.
Soon, they could almost always guess whether the person coming
down the hall was male or female by the movement of the pelvis as
they walked.

He also told me that the first RadarRanges had way too much power
and that soon after they were introduced, it was dialed down to
the 800 or so watts. Now, they're up to around 1200 for most
microwaves, but I'd LOVE to have one of the 6000 watt magnetrons
just to see what it could do. grin
--
Nonny

You cannot make a stupid kid smart by
handing him a diploma. Schools need standards
to measure the amount of education actually
absorbed by children. Don’t sacrifice the smart
kids to make the dumb ones feel good about themselves.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 09:35:41 -0500, the infamous Casper
scrawled the following:

FORTY FOUR HUNDRED EUROS for someone's mismatched dowel collection?
Pass.
Larry Jaques

Just goes to prove I'm in the wrong line of work. I'm turning,
scrolling and carving and nothing for near that price. Apparently
I could make a killing in dowels. Go figure. sigh
`Casper

Make some wildassed gewjaw and put it up for consignment at a hoity
toity shop somewhere in a ritzy neighborhood. Once you sell one,
you'll have a line to your door for more.

Didja see what Phully gets for his nice pieces of dead trees in Oz?
He's soitenly not stahving.

--
You know, in about 40 years, we'll have literally thousands of
OLD LADIES running around with TATTOOS, and Rap Music will be
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 01:47:31 +0800, the infamous "diggerop"
toobusy@themoment scrawled the following:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
Pass.

At todays exchange rate of $1.50/? that is $6600!! Btter buy it soon
efore
the dollar drops even further.

Man, I hadn't seen the dollar drop that far until now. thud

I wish it wasn't as well.
The Aussie$ is only 7.5c off parity at the moment. We're bleeding badly on
export contracts which are almost all written in $US.

I'm really sad that the dollar has dropped against the Canuckistani
Looney. Lee Valley stuff is out of sight now. Kinda like shipping
prices from Oz to here. OMG, take out a loan or mortgage the house
for a 1 pound (arf a ki to you) shipment!