Posted to rec.woodworking
tom tom is offline

Default signing your work

On Nov 3, 11:36 am, "Nonny" wrote:
Whenever I'd build anything in the shop, I'd use a magic
marker-type pen to write:

"my name" "city" and "date" on the underside or a shielded part
of the project. If you've not though to do it, it's a good time
to start, and makes a project much more appreciated when given as
a gift.

--
Nonny

Have you ever wondered if the bills
inyourwallet were ever in a stripper's butt crack?
Have a nice day ..

We are in the process of rehabbing a rental property, and when the
original bathroom medicine cabinet was pulled today, behind it,
written in pencil, was a workman's autograph, the finish date, April
'59, his local address, and that he was responsible for installing the
plumbing, electrical and all fixtures. 50-plus years ago. It is nice
to find these mementos. Tom
Posted to rec.woodworking

tom wrote in news:0346d84e-effc-4888-86fa-d0962f4f62c2@
13g2000prl.googlegroups.com:

We are in the process of rehabbing a rental property, and when the
original bathroom medicine cabinet was pulled today, behind it,
written in pencil, was a workman's autograph, the finish date, April
'59, his local address, and that he was responsible for installing the
plumbing, electrical and all fixtures. 50-plus years ago. It is nice
to find these mementos. Tom

I'd love to find something like that. He didn't skimp out on workmanship
did he? It might be worth sending him a note (if you think the address is
still good) and letting him know what you found. :-)

We had to learn how to grout last night because the kitchen installers
tiled (and adhered) but didn't grout under the kitchen island. They saved
themselves maybe 20 minutes and NOTHING on material.

Puckdropper
--
Signing my post.
Posted to rec.woodworking
tom tom is offline

On Nov 8, 7:13 pm, Puckdropper puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:
[...]

The fifty year-old work is mostly still going strong. We have had to
replace some of the buried galvanized water pipes in the last few
years, one just last weekend. I wish pipes would break during the
week. Check that. I wish pipes wouldn't break! Tom

signing your work RonB[_2_] Woodworking 39 November 6th 09 02:00 PM
signing your work Lee Michaels Woodworking 0 November 3rd 09 09:50 PM
signing your work Nonny Woodworking 0 November 3rd 09 09:25 PM
signing your work Nonny Woodworking 0 November 3rd 09 09:23 PM
Signing work Tom Dougall Woodturning 10 September 11th 09 12:13 AM