Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Another question about milk paint

Does milk paint cover up commpletely? By that I mean,
will it cover my pencil marks, or will that all have
to be sanded clean?

Thanks,

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 7 Nov 2009 22:57:55 -0600, sam wrote:

Does milk paint cover up commpletely? By that I mean,
will it cover my pencil marks, or will that all have
to be sanded clean?

Thanks,

No sanding needed. You can quickly remove pencil marks using a rag
dampened with 91% alcohol.
Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Phisherman wrote:
On Sat, 7 Nov 2009 22:57:55 -0600, sam wrote:

Does milk paint cover up commpletely? By that I mean,
will it cover my pencil marks, or will that all have
to be sanded clean?

Thanks,

No sanding needed. You can quickly remove pencil marks using a rag
dampened with 91% alcohol.

Or a big artists' eraser.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"sam" wrote in message
Does milk paint cover up commpletely? By that I mean,
will it cover my pencil marks, or will that all have
to be sanded clean?

Thanks,

I often used milk paints because I wanted to see through... Are you sure
you are using milk paint for the right reason?

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , lcb11211
@swbell.dotnet says...

"sam" wrote in message
Does milk paint cover up commpletely? By that I mean,
will it cover my pencil marks, or will that all have
to be sanded clean?

Thanks,

I often used milk paints because I wanted to see through... Are you sure
you are using milk paint for the right reason?

Probably not, but I'm curious to know what to
expect. Thanks.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"dpb" wrote:

No sanding needed. You can quickly remove pencil marks using a rag
dampened with 91% alcohol.

Or a big artists' eraser.

Pink Pearl to the rescue.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Lew Hodgett wrote:
"dpb" wrote:

No sanding needed. You can quickly remove pencil marks using a rag
dampened with 91% alcohol.

Or a big artists' eraser.

Pink Pearl to the rescue.

Neither the drafting white or the big crumbly gum erasers leave the
residue/marking the pink erasers do...

a $0.02, ymmv, imo, etc., etc., etc., comment, of course...

Posted to rec.woodworking

"sam" wrote in message
. ..
In article , lcb11211
@swbell.dotnet says...

"sam" wrote in message
Does milk paint cover up commpletely? By that I mean,
will it cover my pencil marks, or will that all have
to be sanded clean?

Thanks,

I often used milk paints because I wanted to see through... Are you
sure
you are using milk paint for the right reason?

Probably not, but I'm curious to know what to
expect. Thanks.

Anyway, depending on the color, whites probably may not work well but I
often use 2 coats if I want an opaque finish.

Posted to rec.woodworking

dpb wrote:
Lew Hodgett wrote:
"dpb" wrote:

No sanding needed. You can quickly remove pencil marks using a rag
dampened with 91% alcohol.
Or a big artists' eraser.

Pink Pearl to the rescue.

Neither the drafting white or the big crumbly gum erasers leave the
residue/marking the pink erasers do...

a $0.02, ymmv, imo, etc., etc., etc., comment, of course...

Just a comment with regard to white erasers, but for 10 bucks you can get a
battery powered electric eraser from Staedtler that uses the white
material--it seems kind of silly to use a powered eraser until you've
actually used one--it's not the speed that makes it nice, it's the
precision.

Milk Paint Help / Advice Larry C[_2_] Woodworking 4 November 6th 09 10:39 PM
A little Milk Paint help please A Lurker Woodworking 6 September 2nd 08 04:24 PM
milk paint Walter Johnson[_2_] Woodworking Plans and Photos 4 October 22nd 07 11:08 PM
Limewash and milk paint David UK diy 17 February 23rd 05 01:41 AM
Limewash and milk paint david Woodworking 7 February 6th 05 02:35 PM