Yves

Default Source for rough wood

Hi,

Can some one tell me a good source for rough wood, I'm looking for red oak
and Maple,

I live in North western Quebec, where such wood is not available, we have a
lot of Cedar, pine burch.

Charlie Self

Yves asks:

Can some one tell me a good source for rough wood, I'm looking for red oak
and Maple,

I live in North western Quebec, where such wood is not available, we have a
lot of Cedar, pine burch.

Birch would work for most, but check the Adirondack area in NY State. Tons of
good mills there. Try www.woodfinder.com and write in an upstate zip--try 14555
or some such. I got a slew of hits.

Charlie Self
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
Dwight D. Eisenhower

A Dubya

Hey Yves,

These guys are in Ottawa. They sell dressed and rough sawn.

http://www.wood-source.com/new_lumber/index2.htm

Cheers,

aw

Stephen M

Is a resident of (way) Northern NY, I can vouch for their presence, but
It's probably not local enough for the OP and customs is a hastle. My FIL
has a property in St Zenon, Quebec that has gobs of maple. It's definitely
locally harvested. I can't really speak for Oak.

You need to NOT look at regular lumber yards and home centers. You will not
find it. Any hardwood suppliers I have ever seen do the vast majority of
their business wholesale or with tradesmen. Consequently, you won't find
them next to Wallmart. Many of them sell specialy plywood as well....so
search the yellow pages for Plywood or Hardwood .... The other way to go
about it is to find a cabinet making shop and ask them where their suppliers
are.

If you want a NE NY supplier post or contact me.

Steve

Yves asks: