Posted to rec.woodworking

Default REQ: landscape timber deer planter plan

Posted to rec.woodworking

Default landscape timber deer planter plan

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 03:57:31 -0500, "Leon"
wrote:

"SewMuch" wrote in message
.. .

Let me guess. It's the middle of the night, you're tired and forgot
what you were going to say?
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 03:57:31 -0500, "Leon"
wrote:

"SewMuch" wrote in message
. ..

Let me guess. It's the middle of the night, you're tired and forgot
what you were going to say?

LOL, Not middle of the night, I just got up.

Actually my answer was in the same secret code as the information provided
concerning the particulars of the request. did your news reader not decifer
the info? ;~)

Posted to rec.woodworking

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33423672...ews-terrorism/
"Leon" wrote in message

BTY I used the Domino yesterday to cut 192 mortise slots to receive 96 loose
domino tennons.

I am starting the second stage of the bedroom project, head and foot board
and under bed storage. I need 3.5" x 3.5" posts for the corners of the head
and foot boards. And I need about 15 linear feet of post material. Pricing
solid oak at $40 a linear foot in that size prompted me to make hollow birch
plywood posts, I'll veneer with 3/16" thick white oak. Ill be doing some
resawing today. The dominos were used to build up the posts, I might have
gotten a little carried away. ;~)

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33423672...ews-terrorism/
"Leon" wrote in message
snip
The dominos were used to build up the posts, I might have gotten a little
carried away. ;~)

Was that caused by the "domino effect?" ; )

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message

"SewMuch" wrote in message

Deer don't do well planted, they get all slick and stinky,
a better plan would be to build a fence to put them in.

basilisk

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message

BTY I used the Domino yesterday to cut 192 mortise slots to receive 96
loose domino tennons.

I am starting the second stage of the bedroom project, head and foot board
and under bed storage. I need 3.5" x 3.5" posts for the corners of the
head and foot boards. And I need about 15 linear feet of post material.
Pricing solid oak at $40 a linear foot in that size prompted me to make
hollow birch plywood posts, I'll veneer with 3/16" thick white oak. Ill
be doing some resawing today. The dominos were used to build up the
posts, I might have gotten a little carried away. ;~)

From time to time I notice that HD carries [what appears to be] eight
foot 4X4 fir posts, straight-grained even. Could these have been veneered
or is the hollow birch plywood required for stability?

Dav e in Houston

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message

BTY I used the Domino yesterday to cut 192 mortise slots to receive 96
loose domino tennons.

I am starting the second stage of the bedroom project, head and foot
board and under bed storage. I need 3.5" x 3.5" posts for the corners of
the head and foot boards. And I need about 15 linear feet of post
material. Pricing solid oak at $40 a linear foot in that size prompted me
to make hollow birch plywood posts, I'll veneer with 3/16" thick white
oak. Ill be doing some resawing today. The dominos were used to build
up the posts, I might have gotten a little carried away. ;~)

From time to time I notice that HD carries [what appears to be] eight
foot 4X4 fir posts, straight-grained even. Could these have been veneered
or is the hollow birch plywood required for stability?

Yes, I have considered fence posts but "straight" and as you mentioned,
stability, is important to me. Plus I am at the moment planing on
attaching the head board and foot board to the under bed storage unit via
the posts. I want to use machine thread bolts and will probably use T-nuts
inside the posts to receive the bolts.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"diggerop" toobusy@themoment wrote in message
"Leon" wrote in message
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33423672...ews-terrorism/
"Leon" wrote in message
snip
The dominos were used to build up the posts, I might have gotten a little
carried away. ;~)

Was that caused by the "domino effect?" ; )

I think it is part of Festool's plan to sell more Dominos tennons. LOL...
Their accessory "indexing wings" allow for up to 250 mm spacing between
dominos, IIRC. Of course you can free hand all the domino locations by
marking the stock like you would with a biscuit joiner, but how much fun
would that be?

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message

BTY I used the Domino yesterday to cut 192 mortise slots to receive 96
loose domino tennons.

I am starting the second stage of the bedroom project, head and foot
board and under bed storage. I need 3.5" x 3.5" posts for the corners
of the head and foot boards. And I need about 15 linear feet of post
material. Pricing solid oak at $40 a linear foot in that size prompted
me to make hollow birch plywood posts, I'll veneer with 3/16" thick
white oak. Ill be doing some resawing today. The dominos were used to
build up the posts, I might have gotten a little carried away. ;~)

From time to time I notice that HD carries [what appears to be] eight
foot 4X4 fir posts, straight-grained even. Could these have been
veneered or is the hollow birch plywood required for stability?

Yes, I have considered fence posts but "straight" and as you mentioned,
stability, is important to me. Plus I am at the moment planing on
attaching the head board and foot board to the under bed storage unit via
the posts. I want to use machine thread bolts and will probably use
T-nuts inside the posts to receive the bolts.

I never considered these as "fence posts" per se. They are untreated
and appear to be S4S. They actually look pretty good.

Dave in Houston

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 05:01:50 -0500, "Leon"
wrote:

Let me guess. It's the middle of the night, you're tired and forgot
what you were going to say?

Actually my answer was in the same secret code as the information provided
concerning the particulars of the request. did your news reader not decifer
the info? ;~)

Actually, I was up in the middle of the night, was tired and neglected
to decipher the info. :~)
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote in message

BTY I used the Domino yesterday to cut 192 mortise slots to receive 96
loose domino tennons.

I am starting the second stage of the bedroom project, head and foot
board and under bed storage. I need 3.5" x 3.5" posts for the corners
of the head and foot boards. And I need about 15 linear feet of post
material. Pricing solid oak at $40 a linear foot in that size prompted
me to make hollow birch plywood posts, I'll veneer with 3/16" thick
white oak. Ill be doing some resawing today. The dominos were used to
build up the posts, I might have gotten a little carried away. ;~)

From time to time I notice that HD carries [what appears to be] eight
foot 4X4 fir posts, straight-grained even. Could these have been
veneered or is the hollow birch plywood required for stability?

Yes, I have considered fence posts but "straight" and as you mentioned,
stability, is important to me. Plus I am at the moment planing on
attaching the head board and foot board to the under bed storage unit via
the posts. I want to use machine thread bolts and will probably use
T-nuts inside the posts to receive the bolts.

I never considered these as "fence posts" per se. They are untreated
and appear to be S4S. They actually look pretty good.

I naturally assumed fence post when you mentioned posts. I buy a lot of
fence posts. Actually the cedar fence posts are usually pretty straight
also. But, what I have done is "done" and they are very straight and
should remain that way.

Feel like an idiot buying Timber at timber yards [email protected] UK diy 30 October 12th 07 10:15 AM
PLANTER BOX - CHAIR J T Woodworking 0 November 22nd 06 05:16 PM
Concrete for planter.. what kind? Diezmon Home Repair 10 May 19th 06 09:18 PM
EIGHT-SIDED PLANTER J T Woodworking 0 November 15th 04 08:04 PM
Pyramid Planter Rinks Ranch Woodworking 11 April 17th 04 09:47 AM