Posted to rec.woodworking

Default cordless drill

Clarify, you pay 1.2x the cost of one drill but get two.

On Oct 20, 4:47*pm, "SonomaProducts.com" wrote:
Considering all the posts below, typically the best deal on a name
brand is to get a combo pack of drill and driver drill. It will only
come with one battery for each and only one charger but you pay about
1.2x the cost of the sum of the two if bought separately. Just a tip.
I have Makita. Have been bullet proof. Would buy Bosch anything.

On Oct 20, 1:23*pm, "Ed Edelenbos" wrote:

Ok, so one of batteries for my Ryobi 14.4 battery is dying. *One died a
couple years ago and I replaced it then. *I've had the drill for around 5 or
6 years and done mostly home projects with it. *I've been (overall) happy
with the battery life (ie time between charges) and power. *I can order a
replacement battery for around $50 or I can upgrade. *This is my 2nd
generation of Ryobi and I've been pretty happy with their stuff. * Of course
in 5 or 6 years, technology has advanced a bunch and there are new names in
the market.

What are the suggestions for 18v (or 19.2v???) drills? *I'm not really
interested in saws and all the other stuff, just a decent drill.- Hide quoted text -