Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Woodstock Wordworkers Show

Thank you for the pointer to the show, with no Show in Detroit this
fall, My family and I took the trip yesterday. No hassle with customs
coming or going.

The show sprawled over 4 buildings, several tents and a large parking
lot. My boys got to see the portable saw mills in operation for the
first time.

It was fun day - we arrived at about 10:30 AM and finally left at about
3PM.

No real new stuff - other than some Lee Valley planes I had only seen in
Catalogs. But 20 to 30 percent discounts in many places and lots of
small toy parts that found their way into the boy's bags.

I really appreciate Canadian Woodworking Magazine - my wife was asked to
buy a subscription - when she told them that we were from Michigan and
had driven up for the show - they gave her the last year's worth of
issues! Spent an hour talking to her.

I did not buy a hugh amount of stuff, some band saw tires and blades,
some pen turning kits and the toy parts, but we all had fun.

thanks for the pointer to the show.

Doug