Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
B Man

Default Woodstock Woodshow

Well, the 3 day show is over for another year.

Is it just me, or is this show really starting to lose something? It seems
each year I go, I find less and less merchants. Actually, let me qualify
that - I find less and less merchants I'm interested in. That rules out the
broom & beer nut vendors.

This year, several of the wood vendors weren't there - notably Blake Kramer.
Does anyone know what happened to Blake? He's a real nice guy and his
prices were great, and he had a great selecton of cherry and walnut, etc.

If it wasn't for Lee Valley & their regular show deal (Had to get one of
those new 22" smoothing planes), it wouldn't be worth the $10 to get in.

One of the vendors told me that they really jacked the costs to the
merchants to go this year (and last).

This used to be the biggest woodshow in north america - I doubt it is now
though.

Brian