Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Timber Frame Kit

Hi,

A few weeks ago I found a timber frame kit for a structure about 14' x 16'
for around $4700. ABAIR, I started with one of the links in the post
"Timber Frame Building." Unfortunatley, I cannot find it again. Did anyone
else stumble on that page or know of a similar kit? I can go down a little
is size and up in price if needed.

Thanks,
Gary

Posted to rec.woodworking

Hmmm, I just priced out a stick framed garage 12 x 18 garage with ply
sheeted roof (but no siding figured yet) and it was less than $550 for
all the lumber + simpson connectors for the roof joist\rafters.

side 1 30 2x4x8 $2.00 $60.00
side 2 30 2x4x8 $2.00 $60.00
closed end 20 2x4x8 $2.00 $40.00
open end 14 2x4x8 $2.00 $28.00
roof joist 26 2x4x10 $2.75 $71.50
roof col 1 4x4x10 $8.00 $8.00
roof ridge 4 2x8x12 $7.00 $28.00
10 1/2 ply $12.50 $125.00
connect 26 hip $2.00 $52.00
connect 26 plate $2.00 $52.00

$524.50

On Sep 23, 10:11*am, "Abby Brown" wrote:
Hi,

A few weeks ago I found a timber frame kit for a structure about 14' x 16'
for around $4700. *ABAIR, I started with one of the links in the post
"Timber Frame Building." *Unfortunatley, I cannot find it again. *Did anyone
else stumble on that page or know of a similar kit? *I can go down a little
is size and up in price if needed.

Thanks,
Gary

Posted to rec.woodworking

This is ever so helpful and timely ..
As I read this, I was sketching and price estimating the shed I want
It will depend on the municipal code, but I want 8*12 but will settle for
8*8

My cost reference point is Homedepot sheds for $1000+ and me thinking they
are $4-600 in materials, and both I have to assemble after building the base
(concrete pad is my plan)

"SonomaProducts.com" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sep 23, 1:11*pm, "Abby Brown" wrote:
Hi,

A few weeks ago I found a timber frame kit for a structure about 14' x 16'
for around $4700. *ABAIR, I started with one of the links in the post
"Timber Frame Building." *Unfortunatley, I cannot find it again. *Did anyone
else stumble on that page or know of a similar kit? *I can go down a little
is size and up in price if needed.

http://www.pineharbor.com/shed-kits/

Timber Frame Kit Abby Brown Home Repair 1 July 22nd 14 02:45 PM
Build on top of garage with timber frame? marc_ely UK diy 6 August 21st 07 03:57 AM
TIMBER-FRAME GARDEN SHED J T Woodworking 0 December 30th 06 09:05 PM
Timber Frame Help Pat-UK Home Repair 1 October 25th 05 06:13 PM
Has anyone ever bought a timber frame selfbuilder UK diy 0 April 8th 05 05:58 PM