Junior Member

Default Timber Frame Help

Hi All

I'm in the not so sunny UK and need some help on timber frame construction.

I was let down by my insurance company after 2 years of trying to get them to pay out, (Be wary of the big red phones T&C which are not written anywhere)

Anyhow as a result i'm having to re-build my house myself with a tiny budget, the architect has specified that the internal structure need to be a timber frame type as this was the oridginal form. I am looking for help, advice or software to assist me with the technical side of this as I am having to build this myself.

If anyone can help, please let me know

Many thanks

Pat
SQLit

"Pat-UK" wrote in message

Hi All

I'm in the not so sunny UK and need some help on timber frame
construction.

I was let down by my insurance company after 2 years of trying to get
them to pay out, (Be wary of the big red phones T&C which are not
written anywhere)

Anyhow as a result i'm having to re-build my house myself with a tiny
budget, the architect has specified that the internal structure need to
be a timber frame type as this was the oridginal form. I am looking for
help, advice or software to assist me with the technical side of this
as I am having to build this myself.

If anyone can help, please let me know

Many thanks

Pat

Bad idea to do it yourself. Look locally for timber framers or
associations. There was a discovery channel production about building a
trebuchet in England. They had local timber framers do most of the wood
work. If you were in my state here in the US you would need a structural
engineer as well. Architects are not usually engineers at least not here.