Posted to rec.woodworking

Default powered respirator recommendation?

What is the least expensive and decent full face powered respirator (i.e.
dust mask with a fan to draw air)?

The reason I want a PAPR is because wearing an unpowered dust mask makes my
face hot and sweaty. It also fogs up my goggle if I am wearing one.

The one I found most commonly listed in "froogle" is a trend airshield that
sells for $300. Isn't there something less expensive and works?

Or perhaps someone has a plan to make one? Surely the materials don't add up
to $50 (air filter, some plastic shield, a fan).

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sep 11, 12:40*pm, "james" wrote:
What is the least expensive and decent full face powered respirator (i.e.
dust mask with a fan to draw air)?

The reason I want a PAPR is because wearing an unpowered dust mask makes my
face hot and sweaty. It also fogs up my goggle if I am wearing one.

The one I found most commonly listed in "froogle" is a trend airshield that
sells for $300. Isn't there something less expensive and works?

Or perhaps someone has a plan to make one? Surely the materials don't add up
to $50 (air filter, some plastic shield, a fan).

I bought a Bullard PA20 on eBay for cheap. It has the belt pack for
the battery and filter. It works well.
http://www.millersafetyproducts.com/...o/GroupID/5536
The listed price will make you gag. I figure it's the lawyers
whinging about safety product liability driving the price up. I got
mine for around 200 bucks. New, and with an extra hood.