Posted to rec.woodworking

Default FS: Delta mortising chisels (new in box)

A couple of years ago I bought the Delta model 17-924 drill press mortising
attachment. Through a series of stupid human tricks I managed to break the
yoke and one of the "collars" that came with the attachment. It has 4
chisels, 1/4", 5/16", 3/8", 1/2". All are new and have never been used. I
looked at the Woodcraft site, and they sell for about $13+ each or a set of
4 was $42 I think. If anyone wants these as a set I'll sell them for
$30.00. Any takers? I'm located near Dallas, TX
Thanks....

Posted to rec.woodworking

I learned a trick from Darrell Peart, using the square chisels from a
mortiser as a hand tool for squaring up the end of mortises cut with a
router. Very handy to have around for that purpose. Can also be used
to square corners of rabbets.

On Aug 26, 1:19*pm, "Thomas" wrote:
A couple of years ago I bought the Delta model 17-924 drill press mortising
attachment. *Through a series of stupid human tricks I managed to break the
yoke and one of the "collars" that came with the attachment. *It has 4
chisels, 1/4", 5/16", 3/8", 1/2". *All are new and have never been used.. *I
looked at the Woodcraft site, and they sell for about $13+ each or a set of
4 was $42 I think. *If anyone wants these as a set I'll sell *them for
$30.00. *Any takers? *I'm located near Dallas, TX
Thanks....

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Aug 26, 4:26*pm, "SonomaProducts.com" wrote:
I learned a trick from Darrell Peart, using the square chisels from a
mortiser as a hand tool for squaring up the end of mortises cut with a
router.

or forstner bit! I will second this tip!! I used it on a recent
project (blanket chest). I got the tip from Darrell's book.

---
www.garagewoodworks.com