LRod

Default WOODWORK-L Update

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 19:25:15 -0500, "P©WÉ®T©©LMAN
²ºº4" wrote:

S H O U T ... S H O U T ... SHOUT IT ALL OUT!
W O O D W O R K - L We can do without! O H Y E A H !

The problem was with the list bouncing the posts that were sent
directly to the wreck; a software glitch.

I have a warm spot in my heart for the list itself. It provided my
start on the wreck several years ago before I was able to get usenet
directly. And that start allowed me to score an Omnijig at a killer
price from a wreck user.

- -
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net

Robert Bonomi

²ºº4" wrote:

S H O U T ... S H O U T ... SHOUT IT ALL OUT!
W O O D W O R K - L We can do without! O H Y E A H !

The problem was with the list bouncing the posts that were sent
directly to the wreck; a software glitch.

I have a warm spot in my heart for the list itself. It provided my
start on the wreck several years ago before I was able to get usenet
directly. And that start allowed me to score an Omnijig at a killer
price from a wreck user.

Best available evidence suggests that the list was 'effectively' dead, anyway.
A) the only messages forwarded to rec.woodworking from the list in the last
1+ years were "spam".
B) nothing posted directly to rec.woodworking was making it to the list.

The conclusion seems insecapable that there was -no- legitimate message
traffic going to the list -- and that the shutdown was entirely justified
on that basis alone.

dust and my furnace (Update 2) Larry Levinson Woodworking 13 January 22nd 04 04:00 PM
OT - WEBPAGE UPDATE T. Woodworking 4 November 18th 03 11:06 PM
Woodwork paint removal - Metabo LF714s any good - other suggestions Eric the Red UK diy 0 August 20th 03 07:00 PM