Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Help needed: delta Miter Stand (36-136)

I just bought one of these (their folding miter saw stand) from Amazon.
I need to determine if a structural piece is bent or not (the box arrived
slightly damaged, and a trim piece near the item in question was shattered).
The factory couldn't figure out which piece I was describing
(it's not a numbered part on the parts diagram).

If you own one of these, could you do me a favor, and have a look at yours?
Underneath where the saw sits (this is quite visible when the stand is folded
up and vertical) is a 2-piece steel part. One bit is a painted rectangular metal
tube. the other is an unpainted, steel U-shaped channel, which slides in
and out of the tube. This unpainted part is very slightly bent (or dented),
about five inches in from the end. Also, there are 2 pairs of slots cut
into this channel, and the pair near the 5" mark (the pair closer to the tube)
is bent in at the top. (The oher pair of slots are completely straight).

The dents/bends are symmetric enough this may be a design feature. So,
I want to check before making a fuss with Amazon.

Thanks,

Andy Barss
Posted to rec.woodworking

Andy

I just looked at mine (I just got it last week) and it definitely does
NOT have either a bend in the tubing or the slots.

Hope this helps.

david

--

www.brndogwoodworks.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

*Andrew Barss wrote:

[...]

Not bent (if I understand your description). There are exploded
diagrams here to help in your descriptions:

http://www.dewaltservicenet.com/Prod... umentId=31150

Delta 50-155 Miter Saw Stand RonB Woodworking 1 November 26th 06 10:54 PM
Delta "Auto Set" miter gauge info needed sailor Woodworking 0 September 3rd 06 09:50 PM
Miter Saw Stand ksm Woodworking 6 March 23rd 05 01:41 AM
Ridgid TS miter slot and Delta miter gauge? Sammy Woodworking 0 October 4th 03 01:47 PM