Posted to rec.woodworking

Posted to rec.woodworking

Posted to rec.woodworking

Posted to rec.woodworking

Posted to rec.woodworking

Posted to rec.woodworking

RonB wrote:

I'm not lost.

RonB

Latitude: 32-56'31'' N
Longitude: 087-10'31'' W

basilisk

Me not lost...
Teepee lost!

Where am I going? And why am I in this handbasket?
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Are we lost

On Jul 1, 11:45*pm, jo4hn wrote:
Morris Dovey wrote:
basilisk wrote:
RonB wrote:

I'm not lost.

RonB
Latitude: 32-56'31'' N
Longitude: 087-10'31'' W

basilisk

Me not lost...
Teepee lost!

Where am I going? *And why am I in this handbasket?

I'm pretty sure it is the blue wire I have to cut.
Watch this.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:
On Jul 1, 11:45 pm, jo4hn wrote:
Morris Dovey wrote:
basilisk wrote:
RonB wrote:
I'm not lost.
RonB
Latitude: 32-56'31'' N
Longitude: 087-10'31'' W
basilisk
Me not lost...
Teepee lost!

Where am I going? And why am I in this handbasket?

I'm pretty sure it is the blue wire I have to cut.
Watch this.

Want me to hold your beer while you do that?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 01 Jul 2009 16:27:18 -0400, PDQ wrote:

Where the heck is every body????? :-(

P D Q

Over 100 posts a day isn't enough?

Posted to rec.woodworking
PDQ PDQ is offline

"Larry Blanchard" wrote in message om...
On Wed, 01 Jul 2009 16:27:18 -0400, PDQ wrote:

Where the heck is every body????? :-(

P D Q

Over 100 posts a day isn't enough?

Good to know we are not lost - merely having trouble getting from there to here.

At time of original posting, nobody was home and all seemed to be elsewhere.

It was a first for me to not see any posting for so long.

P D Q

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 1 Jul 2009 16:27:18 -0400, "PDQ" wrote:

Where the heck is every body????? :-(

P D Q

I show 137 posts today with no spam.. Works for me!

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 01 Jul 2009 22:28:40 -0500, Morris Dovey wrote:

basilisk wrote:
RonB wrote:

I'm not lost.

RonB

Latitude: 32-56'31'' N
Longitude: 087-10'31'' W

basilisk

Me not lost...
Teepee lost!

I lost a job once...

Well, I didn't really LOSE it, but when I went in there was someone else doing
it..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.woodworking

mac davis wrote:

I lost a job once...

Well, I didn't really LOSE it, but when I went in there was someone else doing
it..

Heh. 'Minds me of an old song...

"I used to work out on the county line...
The town took over ten of us
and fired us all but nine, boy,
fired us all but nine."

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:
On Jul 1, 11:45 pm, jo4hn wrote:
Morris Dovey wrote:
basilisk wrote:
RonB wrote:
I'm not lost.
RonB
Latitude: 32-56'31'' N
Longitude: 087-10'31'' W
basilisk
Me not lost...
Teepee lost!

Where am I going? And why am I in this handbasket?

I'm pretty sure it is the blue wire I have to cut.
Watch this.

You forgot to say "y'all" ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 02 Jul 2009 13:33:48 -0400, PDQ wrote:

Good to know we are not lost - merely having trouble getting from there
to here.

This is one of the few news groups where the volume of messages does not
go down much over weekends or holidays. The count this morning is 113.

Makes me chuckle - before I retired it was considered unethical to use a
computer at work for personal purposes. Judging from the drop off in
postings in most other news groups that is no longer the case :-).

Posted to rec.woodworking

Larry Blanchard wrote:

Makes me chuckle - before I retired it was considered unethical to use a
computer at work for personal purposes. Judging from the drop off in
postings in most other news groups that is no longer the case :-).

Along that same line, I've been wondering just how many state and
federal government departments are actually building and using their own
3-legged sawhorses and mini-cyclones...

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Morris Dovey" wrote in message
Larry Blanchard wrote:

Makes me chuckle - before I retired it was considered unethical to use a
computer at work for personal purposes. Judging from the drop off in
postings in most other news groups that is no longer the case :-).

Along that same line, I've been wondering just how many state and federal
government departments are actually building and using their own 3-legged
sawhorses and mini-cyclones...

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
DeSoto, Iowa USA
http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/Projects/

Morris,
Looking on your web site, I saw the model 350 Porter Cable saw.

I have one that is a replacement too. My first one was stolen. What is
distressing about it is the first one was a Rockwell that was my Father's.

I've had a difficult time keeping his Bluegrass hammers too.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lowell Holmes" wrote:

I've had a difficult time keeping his Bluegrass hammers too.

As sold by Belnap, Louisville,KY?

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
news

"Lowell Holmes" wrote:

I've had a difficult time keeping his Bluegrass hammers too.

As sold by Belnap, Louisville,KY?

Lew

Yes. The only one I have left is an 11 ounce hammer. SWMBO keeps trying to
take it. :-)
I have a Bluegrass chisel that's a pretty good chisel. It came off e-bay. I
also have 16 ounce Bluegrass hammer from e-bay.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lowell Holmes" wrote:

Yes. The only one I have left is an 11 ounce hammer. SWMBO keeps
trying to take it. :-)
I have a Bluegrass chisel that's a pretty good chisel. It came off
e-bay. I also have 16 ounce Bluegrass hammer from e-bay.

While in high school, I worked after school and on Saturdays (Closed
Sundays) at a hardware store.

Had a Belnap salesman who called on the store.

Didn't buy a lot from him except ever so often, they would offer a
sale flyer with seasonal items and the owner would buy the package.

Back then 200 miles made a difference and there were competitors 50
miles away in Cleveland who got the lion's share of the business.

Lew

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 03 Jul 2009 21:13:56 +0000, Lew Hodgett wrote:

"Lowell Holmes" wrote:

I've had a difficult time keeping his Bluegrass hammers too.

As sold by Belnap, Louisville,KY?

Lew

I grew up in Louisville in the '40s and '50s. A visit to Belknap was a
real treat. A square block building with multiple floors staffed by
ancient old men who knew exactly where everything was. They don't make
hardware stores like that anymore.

I still have my fathers pocket knife from there.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Larry Blanchard" wrote:

I grew up in Louisville in the '40s and '50s. A visit to Belknap
was a
real treat. A square block building with multiple floors staffed by
ancient old men who knew exactly where everything was. They don't
make
hardware stores like that anymore.

When I worked in the hardware store, it was expected that you not only
where everything was, but also how to use it.

Computers? What were those? Something science fiction movies, maybe?

It just went with the territory.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 1 Jul 2009 16:27:18 -0400, "PDQ" wrote:

Where the heck is every body????? :-(

P D Q

A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall
Oh, where have you been, my blue-eyed son?
Oh, where have you been, my darling young one?
I've stumbled on the side of twelve misty mountains,
I've walked and I've crawled on six crooked highways,
I've stepped in the middle of seven sad forests,
I've been out in front of a dozen dead oceans,
I've been ten thousand miles in the mouth of a graveyard,
And it's a hard, and it's a hard, it's a hard, and it's a hard,
And it's a hard rain's a-gonna fall.

Oh, what did you see, my blue-eyed son?
Oh, what did you see, my darling young one?
I saw a newborn baby with wild wolves all around it
I saw a highway of diamonds with nobody on it,
I saw a black branch with blood that kept drippin',
I saw a room full of men with their hammers a-bleedin',
I saw a white ladder all covered with water,
I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken,
I saw guns and sharp swords in the hands of young children,
And it's a hard, and it's a hard, it's a hard, it's a hard,
And it's a hard rain's a-gonna fall.

And what did you hear, my blue-eyed son?
And what did you hear, my darling young one?
I heard the sound of a thunder, it roared out a warnin',
Heard the roar of a wave that could drown the whole world,
Heard one hundred drummers whose hands were a-blazin',
Heard ten thousand whisperin' and nobody listenin',
Heard one person starve, I heard many people laughin',
Heard the song of a poet who died in the gutter,
Heard the sound of a clown who cried in the alley,
And it's a hard, and it's a hard, it's a hard, it's a hard,
And it's a hard rain's a-gonna fall.

Oh, who did you meet, my blue-eyed son?
Who did you meet, my darling young one?
I met a young child beside a dead pony,
I met a white man who walked a black dog,
I met a young woman whose body was burning,
I met a young girl, she gave me a rainbow,
I met one man who was wounded in love,
I met another man who was wounded with hatred,
And it's a hard, it's a hard, it's a hard, it's a hard,
It's a hard rain's a-gonna fall.

Oh, what'll you do now, my blue-eyed son?
Oh, what'll you do now, my darling young one?
I'm a-goin' back out 'fore the rain starts a-fallin',
I'll walk to the depths of the deepest black forest,
Where the people are many and their hands are all empty,
Where the pellets of poison are flooding their waters,
Where the home in the valley meets the damp dirty prison,
Where the executioner's face is always well hidden,
Where hunger is ugly, where souls are forgotten,
Where black is the color, where none is the number,
And I'll tell it and think it and speak it and breathe it,
And reflect it from the mountain so all souls can see it,
Then I'll stand on the ocean until I start sinkin',
But I'll know my song well before I start singin',
And it's a hard, it's a hard, it's a hard, it's a hard,
It's a hard rain's a-gonna fall.
Regards,

Tom Watson
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 01 Jul 2009 22:12:33 -0500, basilisk
wrote:

Latitude: 32-56'31'' N
Longitude: 087-10'31'' W

Those coordinates put you in Mongolia! How cool is the Internet!

(-87-10'31"W puts you in Alabama)

-Zz

Lost post Weatherlawyer UK diy 30 July 13th 07 12:59 PM
I lost it. Please Help me. rickluce Woodworking 11 September 19th 05 05:05 PM
Temperature Being Lost Matt Home Ownership 8 March 5th 05 05:49 AM
Help...I lost my post Frank Thomas Electronics Repair 3 November 14th 04 02:31 PM
TV lost picture then lost sound.. Jason Electronics Repair 2 May 16th 04 02:42 PM