Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Senco SNS45XP sometimes "rapid fires"

I have a Senco SNS45XP pneumatic stapler that shoots 7/16" crown
staples up to 2 inches long. This is a great machine that works very
well for me. I use it mostly for crating stuff. However, sometimes it
"rapid fires" and shoots more than one staple at a time in rapid
succession. This may be a desirable feature for a roofing contractor
or someone like that, but I do not like it. So my question is, to
users of similar staplers, what can I do to avoid such rapid
firing. Would going to a restrictive trigger, if possible, prevent
this. Thanks

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Ignoramus27956" wrote in message
I have a Senco SNS45XP pneumatic stapler that shoots 7/16" crown
staples up to 2 inches long. This is a great machine that works very
well for me. I use it mostly for crating stuff. However, sometimes it
"rapid fires" and shoots more than one staple at a time in rapid
succession. This may be a desirable feature for a roofing contractor
or someone like that, but I do not like it. So my question is, to
users of similar staplers, what can I do to avoid such rapid
firing. Would going to a restrictive trigger, if possible, prevent
this. Thanks

Are you guarding against recoil and or perhaps letting the recoil cause you
to pull the trigger unintentially? Try a different technique for holding
the gun. Just about any gun with any recoil at all will do this if you are
not cautious.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Ignoramus27956" wrote in message
I have a Senco SNS45XP pneumatic stapler that shoots 7/16" crown
staples up to 2 inches long. This is a great machine that works very
well for me. I use it mostly for crating stuff. However, sometimes it
"rapid fires" and shoots more than one staple at a time in rapid
succession. This may be a desirable feature for a roofing contractor
or someone like that, but I do not like it. So my question is, to
users of similar staplers, what can I do to avoid such rapid
firing. Would going to a restrictive trigger, if possible, prevent
this. Thanks

I have a similar Bostitch--used it for putting down the hidden fasteners for
CorrectDeck. Your problem will be solved if you go to a sequential trigger.
The issue is not that you toggle the trigger when it recoils, but if what
you are shooting into has any give or movement, *IT* will toggle the contact
tip and fire again while the trigger stays depressed.

Cheers, Shawn

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2009-06-12, Rima Neas wrote:
I have a similar Bostitch--used it for putting down the hidden fasteners for
CorrectDeck. Your problem will be solved if you go to a sequential trigger.
The issue is not that you toggle the trigger when it recoils, but if what
you are shooting into has any give or movement, *IT* will toggle the contact
tip and fire again while the trigger stays depressed.

I like this explanation, as I think that I do hold the gun relatively
firmly, but the stuff that I staple sometimes is flimsy (crates).

I will call Senco to see how I can obtain a sequential restrictive
trigger.

Thanks a lot.

Posted to rec.woodworking

There's really no need to be embarrassed about premature ejection. It
happens to all of us sometimes. It's easy to get so excited about what
you're doing with your tool that you pull the trigger early. If the
problem persists, go see your local tool doctor.

(Couldn't help myself)

Larry

Ignoramus27956 wrote:
I have a Senco SNS45XP pneumatic stapler that shoots 7/16" crown
staples up to 2 inches long. This is a great machine that works very
well for me. I use it mostly for crating stuff. However, sometimes it
"rapid fires" and shoots more than one staple at a time in rapid
succession. This may be a desirable feature for a roofing contractor
or someone like that, but I do not like it. So my question is, to
users of similar staplers, what can I do to avoid such rapid
firing. Would going to a restrictive trigger, if possible, prevent
this. Thanks

Posted to rec.woodworking

I called Senco. The customer rep guy understood the problem right away
and asked if I build crates or boxes. I was kind of impressed with his
correct guess. He told me that a restrictive trigger will take care of
the problem, and they will be sending me a restrictive trigger free of
charge. This seems to be based on some easy to guess legal and safety
reasons, but I am happy as I will get exactly what I need, for free.

Thanks to all.

Posted to rec.woodworking
tom tom is offline

On Jun 11, 8:07 pm, Ignoramus27956 ignoramus27...@NOSPAM.
27956.invalid wrote:
I have a Senco SNS45XP pneumatic stapler that shoots 7/16" crown
staples up to 2 inches long. This is a great machine that works very
well for me. I use it mostly for crating stuff. However, sometimes it
"rapid fires" and shoots more than one staple at a time in rapid
succession. This may be a desirable feature for a roofing contractor
or someone like that, but I do not like it. So my question is, to
users of similar staplers, what can I do to avoid such rapid
firing. Would going to a restrictive trigger, if possible, prevent
this. Thanks

I've always enjoyed the full auto capability of the Senco PW and M
series staplers. You could develop a feel for the recoil, and just let
the gun bounce away from the work to halt the chatter. We also used to
grind down the drivers in our guns to limit fastener depth. It
shouldn't fire when your finger's off the trigger, so I'd also look
into "operator trigger control". Tom
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2009-06-12, Upscale wrote:

"Ignoramus32305" wrote in message
I called Senco. The customer rep guy understood the problem right away
I am happy as I will get exactly what I need, for free.

It's nice when you call up a company for support, talk to someone who
understands immediately what your problem is and agrees to fix it without
any hassle or quibbling.

Sort of reconfirms your faith in humanity doesn't it?

Not sure about the whole humanity, but it confirms my faith in Senco,
for sure.

I am sitting on the fence regarding whether I need a framing
nailer. But I know for sure that when I decide to buy one, it will be
a Senco.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Ignoramus32305" wrote

I am sitting on the fence regarding whether I need a framing
nailer. But I know for sure that when I decide to buy one, it will be
a Senco.

You would think that those morons at the other tool companies would learn
something from that response/sentiment. But apparently not.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Wow, very timely and I thought it was just me. Glad to read all of
this thread and I think I'll see if I can get that same free trigger
upgrade.

I bought this same gun for one specific job, building Adirondack
chairs. I wanted a wide staple and at least 1 1/2" long in Galv or SS.
This was the best I could find and I love Senco. I wanted to just
"try" some galv staples before I bought SS but the fricking boxes are
like 10,000 staples!! I have one each of 1 1/2 and 2". That should
last a while.

I use a bump method, holding the trigger and banging the nose. That
"usually" stops the doubel fire. I also found if I fire from the very
back of the trigger and let my finger slip off after firing, that also
"usually" stops the double fire.

This weekend I'll be cutting and building 24 chairs, 24 footstools,
and about 12 each of 3 different sizes and shapes of tables. I am
using 3 staples in each 4x seat, back and table slat at each cross
member. I think that is more than 50 staples per chair alone. This is
my first big production run of this new design with the gun. I guess
I'll see if I can get any good at not duoble firing.

27956.invalid wrote:
I have a Senco SNS45XP pneumatic stapler that shoots 7/16" crown
staples up to 2 inches long. This is a great machine that works very
well for me. I use it mostly for crating stuff. However, sometimes it
"rapid fires" and shoots more than one staple at a time in rapid
succession. This may be a desirable feature for a roofing contractor
or someone like that, but I do not like it. So my question is, to
users of similar staplers, what can I do to avoid such rapid
firing. Would going to a restrictive trigger, if possible, prevent
this. Thanks

Posted to rec.woodworking

"SonomaProducts.com wrote

This weekend I'll be cutting and building 24 chairs, 24 footstools,
and about 12 each of 3 different sizes and shapes of tables. I am
using 3 staples in each 4x seat, back and table slat at each cross
member. I think that is more than 50 staples per chair alone. This is
my first big production run of this new design with the gun. I guess
I'll see if I can get any good at not duoble firing.

Damn, you must be throwing one big barbecue!!

Is this for a retail account?

Posted to rec.woodworking

I am late to entering the market this season but yes, I am
manufacturing and selling wholesale. I have three customers lined up
that pending the precieved quality (they want to see them) are ready
to give them a try at their retail sites.

I have some very slim margins but by doing consignment, so they have
no risk if they don't sell, I pick them back up, I have convinced them
to accept a 30% discount instead of the normal 50%. I will give them
40% if they want to buy them outright and I'll give them 50% if they
pay C.O.D. and have a large minimum order. I am actually not sure I
can make a profit at 50% but if my volume came up enough I can lower
my material cost by about 20% and that should make it worthwhile.

This is just a stepping stone product to generate some cash for the
business I really want to get going.

"SonomaProducts.com wrote