Doug Cook

Default Looking for Article from FWW #69

Fine Woodworking issue #69 is out of print. I'm looking for the Gary
Rogowski article about building a stool. I don't know if it's on the great
hits cd, but if someone has access to this, please email me.

Thanks

Preston Andreas

Doug,

I just finished some stools almost exactly like that. A customer saw
similar stools in a store, but wanted them out of mesquite. I used this
article for ideas for construction, but changed it around quite a bit and I
changed the leg shape so it curved in at the bottom. I used ebony wedges in
the through tenons. My prototype, I thought, was even better looking. It
was Brazilian Cherry (Jatoba) with Bloodwood rungs and strips in the seat
with ebony wedges in the through tenons. I have the article in a MS Word
doc. If you are going to build these stools, contact me by email. I may
have a few hints and jigs to make the process easier.

The stools are very comfortable; nice looking with the right woods and the
Owner loves them which is the most important thing.

Preston

"Doug Cook" wrote in message
Fine Woodworking issue #69 is out of print. I'm looking for the Gary
Rogowski article about building a stool. I don't know if it's on the

great
hits cd, but if someone has access to this, please email me.

Thanks

Carl McCarty

If you call Fine Woodworking, I believe they will send you a photocopy
of any out of print article for free.
At least, thats how it was a few years ago.

Doug Cook wrote:

Fine Woodworking issue #69 is out of print. I'm looking for the Gary
Rogowski article about building a stool. I don't know if it's on the great
hits cd, but if someone has access to this, please email me.

Thanks

Preston Andreas

Doug,

Am having trouble sending the rest of the information on the stools. Keeps
returning email saying it is spam.

Preston
"Doug Cook" wrote in message
Fine Woodworking issue #69 is out of print. I'm looking for the Gary
Rogowski article about building a stool. I don't know if it's on the

great
hits cd, but if someone has access to this, please email me.

Thanks

Wes Stewart

|"Doug Cook" wrote in message
| Fine Woodworking issue #69 is out of print. I'm looking for the Gary
| Rogowski article about building a stool. I don't know if it's on the
|great
| hits cd, but if someone has access to this, please email me.
|
| Thanks

I went to the trouble of scanning it and putting it on my web site. I
emailed you (Doug) and told you it was there but got no response.
It's gone now.

Doug Cook

Sorry about that Wes. I don't remember getting the email, but I appreciate
the effort. In all honesty I was a little overwhelmed by the response I got
from a bunch of people. I have more than enough now. Thanks to all those
who offered help. Let me know if I can return the favor!