Preston Andreas

Default Looking for Article from FWW #69

Doug,

I just finished some stools almost exactly like that. A customer saw
similar stools in a store, but wanted them out of mesquite. I used this
article for ideas for construction, but changed it around quite a bit and I
changed the leg shape so it curved in at the bottom. I used ebony wedges in
the through tenons. My prototype, I thought, was even better looking. It
was Brazilian Cherry (Jatoba) with Bloodwood rungs and strips in the seat
with ebony wedges in the through tenons. I have the article in a MS Word
doc. If you are going to build these stools, contact me by email. I may
have a few hints and jigs to make the process easier.

The stools are very comfortable; nice looking with the right woods and the
Owner loves them which is the most important thing.

Preston

"Doug Cook" wrote in message
Fine Woodworking issue #69 is out of print. I'm looking for the Gary
Rogowski article about building a stool. I don't know if it's on the

great
hits cd, but if someone has access to this, please email me.

Thanks