Posted to rec.woodworking

Default It Could have Happened This Way.

I have been working on a kitchen re-do for a very good friend. We have
worked on many odd jobs in the last 10 years and I have known him for 32
years. My friend, George, could write a book about all the jams he gets
into when working on some of the jobs. To tell you the truth I like working
with him to see what is going to happen next, first hand. My favorite story
was when he built a new large three side back yard fence but did not make
allowances to get his truck out of the yard. Today he came by to pick up
some cabinet doors and drawers I had completed for his kitchen, we will be
installing them an a couple of weeks after he paints them. He happened to
be carrying his ladder and a small tool box in the bed of the truck but they
would not fit after we loaded the drawers and doors so he told me that he
would leave the ladder and pick it up later. The carried the tool box to
the far side of the truck so that he could put it in the back seat. As he
was getting in the truck to drive home I grabbed the ladder and took it to
my garage.

About ten minutes after he left I went back to the garage and opened
the big door and looked out into the driveway and out into the street.
There sat his tool box setting in the middle of the street. One hour later
George called me to see if he has left his tool in the middle of the street.
I replied, yes and it is now in my garage. I told him he could come by at
any time to get the ladder and tool box.

After a glass of wine and telling my wife about George leaving his tool
box setting in the middle of the street I decided to follow up with this
e-mail to George.

George!

There is a little something I may have forgotten to tell you when you
called about the tool box you left sitting in the middle of the street. As
you were leaving I was walking back to the garage with your ladder, really
not thinking that you would have left any thing else setting out in the
street. So I went into the garage with your ladder, set it down, closed the
garage door, and went inside the house. About 10 minutes later I heard
sirens and they were pretty close, real close. Bryan and I ran out to the
garage, opened the big garage door and saw a fire truck racing down the
street in our direction. As it neared our house I noticed your tool box
setting out in the middle of the street. I quickly looked back at the fire
truck and again back at the tool box.

Fortunately the guy driving the fire truck saw the tool box and swerved
to miss it. Unfortunately he kinda went off into the yard across the
street, back into the side street and up in the corner neighbors yard.
Well, the idiot hit the house caddy corner from our house. Rest assured "no
one" was hurt as far as I could tell but they had to call another fire truck
as this one was pretty bashed up, you should see the house.

As we are standing around watching, along with almost every one in the
neighbor hood, the second fire truck came down the street and passed by with
out incident. This guy was obviously paying attention because he had 5 or
6 police cars coming behind him. He kept going but the police cars stopped
at the crash. There were police men all over the place, at least a dozen of
them. Immediately they started talking to all of the gawkers and one by
one began asking every one if they had seen what had happened. When they
got close to Bryan and I, I went ahead and called one of them over and
yelled out that we saw it all happen. I told the police officer that the
fire truck was speeding down the street and saw "your" tool box sitting in
the middle of the street and swerved to miss it. Then I pointed at the
smashed truck and the smashed house and said, that is the result. The cop
got kinda pushy at that point, he wanted to know if the tool box was mine.
Noooooooo Sirrrrrrrrr, that is not my box, it belongs to a friend. I had to
tell him this 3 times because the news helicopters were circling close and
low. They were making all kinda of noise. I could tell the cop was getting
pretty ****ed.

After telling the policeman and I guess a couple of insurance guys your
name, address, and telephone number they calmed down quite a bit. I think I
convinced them that the whole thing was not my fault, thank goodness. They
seemed to be pretty satisfied with the information I gave them and it was a
good thing too because with the attitude that they were giving me I almost
told them that I did not know who the tool box belonged to.
George, rest assured, your tool box is in fine shape, not a scratch.
Watch ford Bryan and I on TV tonight!

;~) Well it could'a happened that way. I got your back buddy.

Leon

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:
[...]

ROTFL!!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to rec.woodworking

I died laughing through the whole post. I can only imagine the loss
of breath, the sweating and overall disbelief when reading that. I
might have waited for him to actually call me though...

Good one!

Robert
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
I died laughing through the whole post. I can only imagine the loss
of breath, the sweating and overall disbelief when reading that. I
might have waited for him to actually call me though...

Good one!

Robert

There was no way that I could have gotten through the whole story with out
busting out laughing and giving it away had I actually told him. ;~)

Posted to rec.woodworking

Default The reply!

Leon, What the heck are you talking about ???? I don't have a tool box or
ladder you must have me confused with someone else.

George C.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 21 May 2009 08:31:21 -0500, "Leon"
wrote:

Leon, What the heck are you talking about ???? I don't have a tool box or
ladder you must have me confused with someone else.

George C.

Leon! You just gained a free ladder and tool box out of the deal!
Congratulations!

--
"We need to make a sacrifice to the gods, find me a young virgin... oh, and bring something to kill"

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com

What happened to C-Less? David F. Eisan[_2_] Woodworking 2 October 20th 08 08:17 PM
What Happened? GROVER Woodworking 10 March 16th 08 04:00 PM
What ever happened to Curly Home Repair 0 April 30th 07 12:21 AM
Wonder how *that* happened... jim rozen Metalworking 3 September 19th 05 01:44 AM
What happened to IMM? Phil Kyle UK diy 0 February 5th 05 02:24 AM