Posted to rec.woodworking

Default What Happened?

I thought this group was about woodworking. I'm not terribly
interested in Prada, Gucci, YSL et al. Peddlers should move to Hester
Street.

Joe G
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 09:39:44 -0700 (PDT), GROVER
wrote:

I thought this group was about woodworking. I'm not terribly
interested in Prada, Gucci, YSL et al. Peddlers should move to Hester
Street.

Damn! We'll get right on that and make 'em stop...

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net
http://www.normstools.com

care to correspond with you anyway.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

I thought this group was about woodworking. I'm not terribly
interested in Prada, Gucci, YSL et al. Peddlers should move to Hester
Street.

Damn! We'll get right on that and make 'em stop...

We can always count on LRod!
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 15, 12:39 pm, GROVER wrote:
I thought this group was about woodworking. I'm not terribly
interested in Prada, Gucci, YSL et al. Peddlers should move to Hester
Street.

Joe G

This is an unmoderated newsgroup as has been
reiterated countless times. If you seek a moderated
group please look up the Saw Mill Creek woodworking
group and join. They stay on topic and have really
helpful advise. It may meet your needs. You may
come to enjoy both.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

I thought this group was about woodworking. I'm not terribly
interested in Prada, Gucci, YSL et al. Peddlers should move to
Hester
Street.

Damn! We'll get right on that and make 'em stop...

To paraphrase Captain Kirk, (holding forefinger vertically in air) "If
they spam this group one more time" (extend arm to horizontal in a
pointing gesture) "SCREW THEM".

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 12:48:43 -0700 (PDT), bookman
wrote:

On Mar 15, 12:39 pm, GROVER wrote:
I thought this group was about woodworking. I'm not terribly
interested in Prada, Gucci, YSL et al. Peddlers should move to Hester
Street.

Joe G

This is an unmoderated newsgroup as has been
reiterated countless times. If you seek a moderated
group please look up the Saw Mill Creek woodworking
group and join. They stay on topic and have really
helpful advise. It may meet your needs. You may
come to enjoy both.

Or, if your moderation needs are, er, more moderate (SMC tends to be
heavy handed--sad, it didn't used to be that way) check out
WoodCentral at http://www.woodcentral.com

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net
http://www.normstools.com

care to correspond with you anyway.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

I thought this group was about woodworking. I'm not terribly
interested in Prada, Gucci, YSL et al. Peddlers should move to
Hester
Street.

Damn! We'll get right on that and make 'em stop...

To paraphrase Captain Kirk, (holding forefinger vertically in air) "If
they spam this group one more time" (extend arm to horizontal in a
pointing gesture) "SCREW THEM".

--

I think my favorite Kirk quote might apply also.. "Beam me up Scotty, there are
no intelligent life forms down here"..

As much as I hate spam, I think I hate the folks that buy things from them
more..
They have to make money on this or they would stop spamming, right?

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.woodworking

"GROVER" wrote in message
I thought this group was about woodworking. I'm not terribly
interested in Prada, Gucci, YSL et al. Peddlers should move to Hester
Street.

Why bother with a post like this?

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

I thought this group was about woodworking. I'm not terribly
interested in Prada, Gucci, YSL et al. Peddlers should move to
Hester
Street.

Damn! We'll get right on that and make 'em stop...

To paraphrase Captain Kirk, (holding forefinger vertically in air) "If
they spam this group one more time" (extend arm to horizontal in a
pointing gesture) "SCREW THEM".

--

I think my favorite Kirk quote might apply also.. "Beam me up Scotty,
there are no intelligent life forms down here"..

As much as I hate spam, I think I hate the folks that buy things from them
more..
They have to make money on this or they would stop spamming, right?

You'd think, wouldn't you? The thing is that the cost of spamming is so
low, that they don't need more than a very small response rate to be making
money. The required rate is orders of magnitude lower than any other
advertising medium.

Set Mom & Dad up with internet access last summer. They didn't get too
much spam and I warned about responding to unknown e-mails. Unfortunately,
one of those spams purportedly came from JC Penney, a place Mom shops,
offering a $10 gift card for response. I think Mom got a pretty hard
lesson on the kinds of things being sold over the internet. Spam jumped to
100+ e-mails a day. I had to change their e-mail address and disable the
old one. The good news is that this was a small matter (Mom and Dad are
thankfully very paranoid regarding their finances, so I'm not worried about
them responding to any Nigerian scams) and they both emerged much more
internet savvy from this experience. My point is that even a live e-mail
address is apparently considered of value, so some of the money comes from
just harvesting addresses.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 22:12:19 -0700, Mark & Juanita wrote:

snip
My point is that even a live e-mail address is apparently considered of value, so some of the money comes from just harvesting addresses.

yep.. don't know what the numbers are now, but in the early 90's email addresses
were selling for something like 300 for a dollar, but live addresses were like 2
cents each...

Sell 1,000 addresses to 100 spammers at 2 cents each and I guess it's worth it..