Posted to rec.woodworking

Default PVC exterior trim

Does anyone have experience with this stuff? I've got some rotting trimwork
that needs replacing, and I'm considering using this stuff.

Thanks.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On May 9, 3:29*pm, "Anon" wrote:
Does anyone have experience with this stuff? *I've got some rotting trimwork
that needs replacing, and I'm considering using this stuff.

It's fine stuff for that. There are only a couple of caveats. The
stuff expands and contracts with changes in temperature and you have
to allow for that. Painting it too dark of a color will exacerbate
the temperature-based movement and may cause the PVC to deform.

Other than that it works much like wood. Check out Versatex and Azek
products.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Anon wrote:
Does anyone have experience with this stuff? I've got some rotting trimwork
that needs replacing, and I'm considering using this stuff.

I've used it as baseboard in the garages on some of the houses I build
and it seems to hold up well for that particular area ... pretty cheesy
looking just about anywhere else, IMO.

Otherwise, it's western red cedar, or Hardi trim ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to rec.woodworking

I have used it for door trim and love it . The old adage vinyl is final. My
house is aluminum and vinyl Maintenance Free It has been on 2 years with no
problems. The only problem I have seen with vinyl is poor installation
practices
and the job looked bad because of this. ( Screen room trim)