Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
mad mountain

Default best blades for resawing

I have just ordered the minmax MM16 bandsaw and bought it for the specific
reason of resawing wood for building guitars. I would appreciate some
experiential advise on the best blades to use for resawing. I have looked
at the articles out there and they mention timberwolf but others say stay
with a thin kerf blade like the wood slicer. (woodslicer not available in
the 145 inch length unless you know of source). Some articles say stay with
a good quality of carbon blade or the lenox bimetal.

The type of wood I will be resawing is from spruce tops to cocobolo and
murtelwood backs and sides.

thanks for the input.

madman