tmbg

Default best blades for resawing

I have a grizzly 18", and I had a 1" wide 3TPI on it, and resawing
performance was horrid. I bought a woodslicer, and now resawing is the
most fun thing I do. It seriously just slides right through it... I can
feed three times faster, the sawn surface is smooth, it doesnt lead much.
It was totally worth the money. Yours will cost a bit more because you'll
have to order a custom length probably, but they can and will make you
one.

Trust me... get it!

btw, are you making acoustics or electrics? I want to learn a little
about making both... drop me an email if you don't mind -
ufc at asmhacker dot org

thanks

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 10:35:28 -0700, mad mountain wrote:

I have just ordered the minmax MM16 bandsaw and bought it for the specific
reason of resawing wood for building guitars. I would appreciate some
experiential advise on the best blades to use for resawing. I have looked
at the articles out there and they mention timberwolf but others say stay
with a thin kerf blade like the wood slicer. (woodslicer not available in
the 145 inch length unless you know of source). Some articles say stay with
a good quality of carbon blade or the lenox bimetal.

The type of wood I will be resawing is from spruce tops to cocobolo and
murtelwood backs and sides.

thanks for the input.

madman