Posted to rec.woodworking

Default HD Sale

Hi,

I thought that it might be worth mentioning that HD is having a power tool
sale now through May 6. I picked up the 15" Ridgid drill press for $225
before tax.

-Joe
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/2/2009 6:00 PM Joe West spake thus:

I thought that it might be worth mentioning that HD is having a power tool
sale now through May 6. I picked up the 15" Ridgid drill press for $225
before tax.

I do everything I can *not* to buy tools at Home Despot.

--
Save the Planet
Kill Yourself

- motto of the Church of Euthanasia (http://www.churchofeuthanasia.org/)
Posted to rec.woodworking

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
.com...
On 5/2/2009 6:00 PM Joe West spake thus:

I thought that it might be worth mentioning that HD is having a power
tool sale now through May 6. I picked up the 15" Ridgid drill press for
$225 before tax.

I do everything I can *not* to buy tools at Home Despot.

I would have respond with, you miss a lot of good deals then.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Joe West" wrote in message
Hi,

I thought that it might be worth mentioning that HD is having a power tool
sale now through May 6. I picked up the 15" Ridgid drill press for $225
before tax.

-Joe

Good price! I was in the market for a new DP a few weeks ago, I saw the
current Ridgid DP at the WW show 4 weeks ago, show pricing was 10% off of
$299. You beat the heck out of that.

Posted to rec.woodworking

I do everything I can *not* to buy tools at Home Despot.

Seems a little closed-minded!

I try to support the local merchants as much as possible, but stores
like HD do provide good deals at times. In some areas HD or Lowes are
the only source for variety and selection of good tools and equipment.

RonB

Posted to rec.woodworking

"evodawg" wrote in message

snip

Ive always liked Lowes selection of tools much better than HD
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

Me too!

But, last week HD had a $25 dollar discount to be applied at the cash
register for any power tool costing between $150 (I think) and $250. The
Rigid spindle sander cost $200. This is the one several magazines called the
pick of the litter. I bought one for $175 and I still think that was a good
price. I'm impressed with the machine too, although I have not tried the
belt sanding attachment.
I bought a 14.4 volt Dewalt right angle drill from them for $95 one time. I
couldn't buy two new batteries for that price.

Posted to rec.woodworking

evodawg wrote in news:gtkd3u$v2m$1
@news.motzarella.org:

Ive always liked Lowes selection of tools much better than HD

HD usually gets the nod when it comes to power tools, especially with the
Ridgid lifetime warranty. Hand tools are a toss up... The Kobalt series of
hand tools seem to be pretty good tools.

Puckdropper
rec.woodworking

Posted to rec.woodworking

Lowell Holmes wrote:
"evodawg" wrote in message

snip

Ive always liked Lowes selection of tools much better than HD
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"
Website Address
http://rentmyhusband.biz/

Me too!

But, last week HD had a $25 dollar discount to be applied at the cash
register for any power tool costing between $150 (I think) and $250.
The Rigid spindle sander cost $200. This is the one several magazines
called the pick of the litter. I bought one for $175 and I still
think that was a good price. I'm impressed with the machine too,
although I have not tried the belt sanding attachment.

Try it, you'll like it.

I bought a 14.4 volt Dewalt right angle drill from them for $95 one
time. I couldn't buy two new batteries for that price.

Posted to rec.woodworking

David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 5/2/2009 6:00 PM Joe West spake thus:

I thought that it might be worth mentioning that HD is having a
power tool sale now through May 6. I picked up the 15" Ridgid drill
press for $225 before tax.

I do everything I can *not* to buy tools at Home Despot.

I saw a profile for a lady on a matchmaker site. Her hobbies included:

"Reading and not getting beaten. I spend most of my free time on those two
activities."

Posted to rec.woodworking

WOW, to bad I don't need a drill press (got one, Ridgid BTW).
But went to Lowes a couple of weeks ago and was buying
Dewalt 12" 80 tooth saw blade for Miter saw. At the checkout
there was a display with 2 of the same Dewalt blades for the price
of one...... Did a double take, thought I was seeing things...
but that was not the case. Told the clerk to put the one back
and give me 2.

Marty

Joe West wrote:
Hi,

I thought that it might be worth mentioning that HD is having a power tool
sale now through May 6. I picked up the 15" Ridgid drill press for $225
before tax.

-Joe

Posted to rec.woodworking

Puckdropper puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:

evodawg wrote in news:gtkd3u$v2m$1
@news.motzarella.org:

Ive always liked Lowes selection of tools much better than HD

HD usually gets the nod when it comes to power tools, especially with the
Ridgid lifetime warranty. Hand tools are a toss up... The Kobalt series
of hand tools seem to be pretty good tools.

Puckdropper

Batteries on the 10 year old Porter Cable are going again, maybe I need to
stop in and see what they've got.

Posted to rec.woodworking

I thought that it might be worth mentioning that HD is having a power tool
sale now through May 6. I picked up the 15" Ridgid drill press for $225
before tax.

Harley can't even make a decent bike... Now they're selling tools?

Oh...

Wait...

I see...

Never mind. My brain is someplace else.

(Actually Harley makes some beautiful, but slightly overpriced bikes in my
opinion, but that's neither here nor there I suppose.)
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013-R