Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

Default rec.woodworking logo

Can someone explain why the group logo on Google is a basketball, a
baseball and a baseball bat? The bat, of course, is wood, but making
bats does not seem to be something that members of this group have
much interest in doing. Just wondering...

Joe
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/2/2009 4:12 PM Joe spake thus:

Can someone explain why the group logo on Google is a basketball, a
baseball and a baseball bat? The bat, of course, is wood, but making
bats does not seem to be something that members of this group have
much interest in doing. Just wondering...

Keep in mind that Google has *nothing* to do with this newsgroup (well,
outside of hosting it on their broken web interface and totally ****ing
things up with their spam portal). If you don't know, this is a Usenet
newsgroup. Usenet existed long before Google came along.

I see you're reading this through Google Groups. Usenet was made to be
accessed with a news client (most email programs handle that), as
[insert name of deity here] intended.

--
Save the Planet
Kill Yourself

- motto of the Church of Euthanasia (http://www.churchofeuthanasia.org/)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On May 2, 7:12*pm, Joe wrote:
Can someone explain why the group logo on Google is a basketball, a
baseball and a baseball bat? The bat, of course, is wood, but making
bats does not seem to be something that members of this group have
much interest in doing. Just wondering...

Joe

The only bats in this group are those loose in the belfry of the Bush
apologists.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

On May 2, 7:46*pm, Robatoy wrote:

snip

The only bats in this group are those loose in the belfry of the Bush
apologists.

I saw on a news report last November that Obama won and Bush lost.
Maybe you missed that? There are many wood workers in this NG but so
far as I can discern, they keep partisan rhetoric out of the workshop
and postings on topic.

Joe

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 03 May 2009 18:58:08 -0700, Joe wrote:

On May 2, 7:46Â*pm, Robatoy wrote:

snip

The only bats in this group are those loose in the belfry of the Bush
apologists.

I saw on a news report last November that Obama won and Bush lost. Maybe
you missed that? There are many wood workers in this NG but so far as I
can discern, they keep partisan rhetoric out of the workshop and
postings on topic.

You must have killfiled 90% of the posters here :-).

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Joe" wrote

I saw on a news report last November that Obama won and Bush lost.
Maybe you missed that? There are many wood workers in this NG but so
far as I can discern, they keep partisan rhetoric out of the workshop
and postings on topic.
==============================

It must be nice where you live.

The most considerate thing that the political folks can do is to clearly
mark the thread so that others can easily avoid that sort of thing.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On May 3, 10:42*pm, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:
"Joe" *wrote

I saw on a news report last November that Obama won and Bush lost.
Maybe you missed that? There are many wood workers in this NG but so
far as I can discern, they keep partisan rhetoric out of the workshop
and postings on topic.
==============================

It must be nice where you live.

The most considerate thing that the political folks can do is to clearly
mark the thread so that others can easily avoid that sort of thing.

*panting*...Phew... did I miss anything? Am I late?
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote
On May 3, 10:42 pm, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:
"Joe" wrote

I saw on a news report last November that Obama won and Bush lost.
Maybe you missed that? There are many wood workers in this NG but so
far as I can discern, they keep partisan rhetoric out of the workshop
and postings on topic.
==============================

It must be nice where you live.

The most considerate thing that the political folks can do is to clearly
mark the thread so that others can easily avoid that sort of thing.

*panting*...Phew... did I miss anything? Am I late?

------------------------------

*panting*, eh?

Sorry, for that type of thing, you need to go find Angela, We can't help
you.

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , Joe wrote:
On May 2, 7:46=A0pm, Robatoy wrote:

snip

The only bats in this group are those loose in the belfry of the Bush
apologists.

I saw on a news report last November that Obama won and Bush lost.
Maybe you missed that?

Bush wasn't on the ballot. Maybe you missed that?