Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Help ID a logo

Greetings,
I inherited some carving tools whose manufacturer I can't identify.
They're probably just 1980-vintage Buck, but I can't find a match for
the logo.

Asciified, it looks something like this:

O O/
/V V
^ ^
| | |

The tools have octagonal pale wood handles. They look like maple. The
logo and part number are stamped in red. The blades are stamped with the
logo and "Germany."

Anybody recognize the brand? I've been googling manufacturers, but
haven't found a match yet.

--
"Keep your ass behind you."
Posted to rec.woodworking

Australopithecus scobis wrote:

Greetings,
I inherited some carving tools whose manufacturer I can't identify.
They're probably just 1980-vintage Buck, but I can't find a match for
the logo.

Asciified, it looks something like this:

O O/
/V V
^ ^
| | |

The tools have octagonal pale wood handles. They look like maple. The
logo and part number are stamped in red. The blades are stamped with the
logo and "Germany."

Anybody recognize the brand? I've been googling manufacturers, but
haven't found a match yet.

Looks like this:
http://www.jahenckels.com/

--
Froz...
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 19:12:32 -0500, FrozenNorth
wrote:

Australopithecus scobis wrote:

Greetings,
I inherited some carving tools whose manufacturer I can't identify.
They're probably just 1980-vintage Buck, but I can't find a match for
the logo.

Asciified, it looks something like this:

O O/
/V V
^ ^
| | |

The tools have octagonal pale wood handles. They look like maple. The
logo and part number are stamped in red. The blades are stamped with the
logo and "Germany."

Anybody recognize the brand? I've been googling manufacturers, but
haven't found a match yet.

Looks like this:
http://www.jahenckels.com/

Sure does...
After seeing the logo, anyway... I would NOT have visualized 2 stick figures out
of the ASCII..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

I just didn't know Henckels made chisels.

--
Froz...

Lits Slut#9
Posted to rec.woodworking

"FrozenNorth" wrote

I just didn't know Henckels made chisels.

After seeing the logo it looked vaguely familiar, went to the web page,
looked in the kitchen, and sure enough ... a pair of kitchen shears that
even I haven't been able to ruin after six or seven years.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message
looked in the kitchen, and sure enough ... a pair of kitchen shears that
even I haven't been able to ruin after six or seven years.

I've got some Henckels kitchen shears too that came with the knife set I
bought 15 years ago. Never realized how useful those shears were until I
actually had them. From removing bottle caps, opening jar lids, cutting
frozen meat and opening every manner or hard plastic wrapped product, they
still work as well as the first day I tried them. Very few things these days
that you can say that about.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Upscale" wrote:

I've got some Henckels kitchen shears too that came with the knife
set I
bought 15 years ago.

The only kitchen knives I have found I need are a 10", forged steel,
Henckels chef knife and a serrated Henckels bread knife.

Definitely need a steel to maintain the edge.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 12, 3:05*pm, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:
"Upscale" wrote:
I've got some Henckels kitchen shears too that came with the knife
set I
bought 15 years ago.

The only kitchen knives I have found I need are a 10", forged steel,
Henckels chef knife and a serrated Henckels bread knife.

Definitely need a steel to maintain the edge.

Lew

IKEA sells a ceramic 'steel'. Cheap enough, and works very well. IMHO,
better than even a high quality steel steel.
I have built up a collection of Wüsthof knives over the years.
Nonpareil knives.
I can de-bone a cat in 3 minutes.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 12, 2:52*pm, "Upscale" wrote:
"Swingman" wrote in message
looked in the kitchen, and sure enough ... a pair of kitchen shears that
even I haven't been able to ruin after six or seven years.

I've got some Henckels kitchen shears too that came with the knife set I
bought 15 years ago. Never realized how useful those shears were until I
actually had them. From removing bottle caps, opening jar lids, cutting
frozen meat and opening every manner or hard plastic wrapped product, they
still work as well as the first day I tried them. Very few things these days
that you can say that about.

I was reading some stats recently on basic Emergency room problems.
(Angela drags that stuff home sometimes.) The biggies, in terms of
frequency, are cuts from people trying to
a) separate frozen burger patties. Those injuries can be very serious
sometimes.
b) people hurting themselves trying to open those plastic anti-theft
blister packs.
c) children smacking their heads on coffee table edges.

Those were some of them, not in order.

One big nasty item is people cutting water melons.

I have added:

people smacking their heads against walls whilst trying to open CD's.
People getting hurt because they laugh at Highway Patrol's new hats.
People getting hurt because they play Celine Dion on their stereos
with one mile of my house.

I'm sure the creative bunch that hangs here can add some funny ones.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote:

I have built up a collection of Wüsthof knives over the years.

Fine equipment.

I can de-bone a cat in 3 minutes.

Looking for your cat?

Check my tires.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

IKEA sells a ceramic 'steel'. Cheap enough, and works very well. IMHO,
better than even a high quality steel steel.
I have built up a collection of Wüsthof knives over the years.
Nonpareil knives.
I can de-bone a cat in 3 minutes.

But.... then it's useless as a pushstick....

jc

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 12, 5:59*pm, "joe" wrote:
IKEA sells a ceramic 'steel'. Cheap enough, and works very well. IMHO,
better than even a high quality steel steel.
I have built up a collection of Wüsthof knives over the years.
Nonpareil knives.
I can de-bone a cat in 3 minutes.

But.... then it's useless as a pushstick....

jc

Thanks. I always wanted to try Dr. Pepper in my nose.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

You have to use a fixed space font to see those ascii things, proportional
fonts make a royal mess of them. I have always been pretty good with my
visualization skills, so that may help.
;-)

Probably doesn't matter as the OP hasn't bothered responding.

--
Froz...