Posted to rec.woodworking
LD LD is offline

Default New tool invention

"10x" wrote in message
In article , LD
wrote:

wrote in message
I invented this new age workmate and would appreciate your thoughts
and your vote to help me get funding. Go to
http://www.cbc.ca/dragonsden/auditions/toolmule.html
to see the video.

Get the guy who does the Zyliss vise commercials.

Nah! He needs Vince, "The Shamwow Guy". You following me camera guy?

Joe
aka 10x

ShamWow Guy got arrested for beating on a prostitute.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 23, 10:52*pm, "LD" wrote:
"10x" wrote in message

In article , LD
wrote:

wrote in message
I invented this new age workmate and would appreciate your thoughts
and your vote to help me get funding. Go to
http://www.cbc.ca/dragonsden/auditions/toolmule.html
to see the video.

Get the guy who does the Zyliss vise commercials.

Nah! He needs Vince, "The Shamwow Guy". You following me camera guy?

Joe
aka 10x

ShamWow Guy got arrested for beating on a prostitute.

She didn't like that he rammed his tongue down her throat. Yes, there
are things that prostitutes find disgusting.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 23, 10:41*pm, "LD" wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote in message

On Apr 23, 1:19 pm, wrote:

On Apr 23, 12:09 pm, "Upscale" wrote:

"Robatoy" wrote in message
Zyliss does make one of the best garlic presses EVAR!

Personal experience or hearsay? I just happen to be in the market for a
garlic press and my primary interest is quality/function over price.

Enough on the garlic press I want to hear more feedback on my ToolMule

Okay. I don't like the name.

Yeah, 'mule' has some bad pr these days. Generally means somebody running
drugs.

As an aid to certain trades, serious amateurs, and those who don't
already have a solution to stationary assistance, the tool certainly
has a place.
I have had 4 Workmates, still regularly use 2, and I have a Triton
Superjaw. So, it is not for me.
As a storage and transportable solution, it needs drawers, wheels etc.
It is essentially an expandable workbench with a bench vice. I like
that part.
Great concept. Incomplete. The name is awful but a focus group could
disagree. Names don't need to be descriptive, just memorable?
It is probably just me.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Upscale wrote:
: "Robatoy" wrote in message
: Zyliss does make one of the best garlic presses EVAR!

: Personal experience or hearsay? I just happen to be in the market for a
: garlic press and my primary interest is quality/function over price.

A very thorough review he

http://www.bookofjoe.com/2007/06/experts_expert__2.html

They recommend the Kuhn Rikon.

-- Andy Barss
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message
Zyliss does make one of the best garlic presses EVAR!

Personal experience or hearsay? I just happen to be in the market for a
garlic press and my primary interest is quality/function over price.

Enough on the garlic press I want to hear more feedback on my ToolMule

Love, I would prolly buy one or more. I gave my feedback on the web
site.

Posted to rec.woodworking
LD LD is offline

"Robatoy" wrote in message
On Apr 23, 10:52 pm, "LD" wrote:
"10x" wrote in message

In article , LD
wrote:

wrote in message
I invented this new age workmate and would appreciate your thoughts
and your vote to help me get funding. Go to
http://www.cbc.ca/dragonsden/auditions/toolmule.html
to see the video.

Get the guy who does the Zyliss vise commercials.

Nah! He needs Vince, "The Shamwow Guy". You following me camera guy?

Joe
aka 10x

ShamWow Guy got arrested for beating on a prostitute.

She didn't like that he rammed his tongue down her throat. Yes, there
are things that prostitutes find disgusting.

Bizarre!

Posted to rec.woodworking
10x 10x is offline

In article , LD
wrote:

ShamWow Guy got arrested for beating on a prostitute.

Actually, if you see the booking photo, he looks like the one that got
tuned up.

http://www.bestweekever.tv/bwe/image...HAMWOW-GUY.jpg

Joe
aka 10x
Posted to rec.woodworking

"10x" wrote in message
In article , LD
wrote:

ShamWow Guy got arrested for beating on a prostitute.

Actually, if you see the booking photo, he looks like the one that got
tuned up.

http://www.bestweekever.tv/bwe/image...HAMWOW-GUY.jpg

Hey camera man stop following me and getting all this!! LOL

TGIF, Rich

Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Renamed: Garlic Press

"Robatoy" wrote:

... and first grade ingredients.

Yep.

NEVER cut your garlic buds. Crush only.

Prefer to crush and cross cut.

NEVER go beyond a very, very light tint of distant amber when
sauteing

garlic.

Yep.

NEVER 'cut' lettuce, always break the stuff by hand.

Yep.

NEVER peel potatoes.

New, "yes", old Russets, gotta peel them.

Now I am farking hungry...damnit....

Me to.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 24, 3:51*pm, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote:
... and first grade ingredients.

Yep.

NEVER cut your garlic buds. Crush only.

Prefer to crush and cross cut.

NEVER go beyond a very, very light tint of distant amber when
sauteing

garlic.

Yep.

NEVER 'cut' lettuce, always break the stuff by hand.

Yep.

NEVER peel potatoes.

New, "yes", old Russets, gotta peel them.

Now I am farking hungry...damnit....

Me to.

Lew

Russets are okay for......cattle feed?
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote in message
I invented this new age workmate and would appreciate your thoughts
and your vote to help me get funding. Go to
http://www.cbc.ca/dragonsden/auditions/toolmule.html
to see the video.

I would like one if I could afford it. Also passed this on to my wood
working friends. WW

Posted to rec.woodworking
LD LD is offline

"10x" wrote in message
In article , LD
wrote:

ShamWow Guy got arrested for beating on a prostitute.

Actually, if you see the booking photo, he looks like the one that got
tuned up.

http://www.bestweekever.tv/bwe/image...HAMWOW-GUY.jpg

Joe
aka 10x

Oh, my!! Looks like a hospital gown under the coat. And what's that ferret
doing round his neck?

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote:

Russets are okay for......cattle feed?

Actually wrong animal, at least it was 60 years ago when I worked the
potato fields in the fall after school.

Back then, gov't subsidies were in play.

Free market price was about $0.01/lb for potatoes, but if you died
them purple and sold them as hog feed, gov't subsidized with a payment
to keep farmers going.

Back then, lots of crops were being subsidized including, winter
wheat, shell corn, and oats.

There were others, maybe somebody else remembers that far back

OTOH, Russets are just fine in my galley for lots of spud dishes
including home fries, fried, scalloped, potato soup, clam chowder,
mashed, etc, etc.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 25, 1:21*am, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote:
Russets are okay for......cattle feed?

Actually wrong animal, at least it was 60 years ago when I worked the
potato fields in the fall after school.

Back then, gov't subsidies were in play.

Free market price was about $0.01/lb for potatoes, but if you died
them purple and sold them as hog feed, gov't subsidized with a payment
to keep farmers going.

Back then, lots of crops were being subsidized including, winter
wheat, shell corn, and oats.

There were others, maybe somebody else remembers that far back

OTOH, Russets are just fine in my galley for lots of spud dishes
including home fries, fried, scalloped, potato soup, clam chowder,
mashed, etc, etc.

Lew

I deep (french) fried quite a few russets. They're pretty good for
that. Now I'm hooked on Yukon Gold or mini reds.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote:

I deep (french) fried quite a few russets. They're pretty good for
that. Now I'm hooked on Yukon Gold or mini reds.

Go to Emeril's section of the Food Network and find "Flo's Roasted
Potato Salad".

Absolute Dine-O-Mite use of red spuds and produces a potato salad that
has no equal IMHO.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 25, 12:11*pm, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote:

I deep (french) fried quite a few russets. They're pretty good for
that. Now I'm hooked on Yukon Gold or mini reds.

Go to Emeril's section of the Food Network and find "Flo's Roasted
Potato Salad".

Absolute Dine-O-Mite use of red spuds and produces a potato salad that
has no equal IMHO.

Lew

I love potato salad. German, Hussar, 'Russian Egg' (That;s translated
from Dutch's Russisch Ei (Forgive my spelling, Han :-)).
Cold, baby new potatoes, a wee bit of home-made mayo...

Now *I* am farking hungreeeeee
Posted to rec.woodworking

I wrote:
................................................. ..
Go to Emeril's section of the Food Network and find "Flo's Roasted
Potato Salad".

Absolute Dine-O-Mite use of red spuds and produces a potato salad
that
has no equal IMHO.
............................................... .

"Robatoy" wrote:

I love potato salad. German, Hussar, 'Russian Egg' (That;s translated

from Dutch's Russisch Ei (Forgive my spelling, Han :-)).
Cold, baby new potatoes, a wee bit of home-made mayo...

Now *I* am farking hungreeeeee

Anything that starts out 1 pound bacon like "Flo's", works in my book.

BTW, also calls for home made mayo.

Knock yourself out.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 25, 12:28*pm, Han wrote:
Robatoy wrote in news:b10439f5-926e-4a39-a12e-
:

"Robatoy" wrote:

I deep (french) fried quite a few russets. They're pretty good for
that. Now I'm hooked on Yukon Gold or mini reds.

Go to Emeril's section of the Food Network and find "Flo's Roasted
Potato Salad".

Absolute Dine-O-Mite use of red spuds and produces a potato salad that
has no equal IMHO.

Lew

I love potato salad. German, Hussar, 'Russian Egg' (That;s translated
from Dutch's Russisch Ei (Forgive my spelling, Han :-)).
Cold, baby new potatoes, a wee bit of home-made mayo...

Now *I* am farking hungreeeeee

De spelling is correct.
But the dish is different from egg salad or potato salad. *I had to look
it up:http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russisch_ei

I rather have my own version of deviled eggs - secret ingredient is to
use some finely ground overdone bacon (or Baco's or generic equivalent)
in the mashed up yolks, plus the usual ingredients, which I take from the
Good Housekeping cookbook ca 1970.

We'll be at the Dutch house for a late lunch:http://dutchhousetavern.com/

--
Best regards
Han

Ahhh, so those are just the eggs. In my home town ( Alphen aan den
Rijn), they were served two half eggs, stuffed, upside down onto a bed
of potato salad with a lot of veggies, like peas, celery mixed in. Two
small dollops of caviaar on top of each egg.

Btw, that ain't no Dutch restaurant :-) Where are the:
croketten
boerenkool
stamppot
gehaktballen
frikadellen
nasi goreng
bahmi goreng
UITSMIJTERS??
well?

Huh?

Huh?

LOL.... (Just drove my in-line spellchecker to the therapist..)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 25 Apr 2009 16:28:54 +0000, Han wrote:

I rather have my own version of deviled eggs - secret ingredient is to
use some finely ground overdone bacon (or Baco's or generic equivalent)
in the mashed up yolks, plus the usual ingredients, which I take from the
Good Housekeping cookbook ca 1970.

Doesn't adding bacon to just about anything make it better though?
--
Froz...

Posted to rec.woodworking

"FrozenNorth" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 25 Apr 2009 16:28:54 +0000, Han wrote:

I rather have my own version of deviled eggs - secret ingredient is to
use some finely ground overdone bacon (or Baco's or generic equivalent)
in the mashed up yolks, plus the usual ingredients, which I take from the
Good Housekeping cookbook ca 1970.

Doesn't adding bacon to just about anything make it better though?
--

Have you heard about the new Baconaise? Bacon flavored mayonaise.

http://www.baconnaise.com/

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 25, 1:59*pm, FrozenNorth
wrote:
On Sat, 25 Apr 2009 16:28:54 +0000, Han wrote:
I rather have my own version of deviled eggs - secret ingredient is to
use some finely ground overdone bacon (or Baco's or generic equivalent)
in the mashed up yolks, plus the usual ingredients, which I take from the
Good Housekeping cookbook ca 1970.

Doesn't adding bacon to just about anything make it better though?
--
Froz...

Mmmmmmmmmm...baconnnnnn

Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:
On Apr 25, 2:04 pm, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:
"FrozenNorth" wrote in message

news
I rather have my own version of deviled eggs - secret ingredient is to
use some finely ground overdone bacon (or Baco's or generic equivalent)
in the mashed up yolks, plus the usual ingredients, which I take from the
Good Housekeping cookbook ca 1970.
Doesn't adding bacon to just about anything make it better though?
--

Have you heard about the new Baconaise? Bacon flavored mayonaise.

http://www.baconnaise.com/

The Baconator?

Well, that does sound better than "Bassmatic".

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar