Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Default Forged Craigslist scam checks

I am holding in my hands a forged check that a Craigslist scammer
mailed me. This guy has been spamming me incessantly about all sorts
of stuff that I listed. He did not even remember that I always would
rudely decline his offers to send me extra money and have me wire
money to "his shipper".

So finally I caved in and in response to one posting, he contacted me
and mailed me a check.

I have no doubt that it is forged, however, what I really am curious
about is whether maybe I should talk to some authorities, like police
for example. Have those crooks perfected a police-proof method of
receiving stolen money? Or you think no one will care?

My curiosity was also piqued by the fact that the check indeed had
microprinting and a watermark.