Home Ownership (misc.consumers.house)

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Default Craigslist scam - just informing sellers/buyer

I bought a new Dell PC but I am selling it cos of financial hardship.
It has never been opened and I listed it on Craigslist.

Selling it for the same price. Terms were cash and no shipping cos of
scam.

Here is once of the response that I got. I do not think he is a
Nigerian Scam but it might be something close.

Please do not give your address to this guys and if you ship your
things to them, it will be your loss.

Seller beware

Please do not contact me to sell my pc cos
1) I do not check this email
2) If you are contacting me eventhough i specified not to, I am not
sending it to you as i am 99.99% sure that your check, money order, etc
is fake

John

Thanks for the reply, i'm serious about buying this item and i 'm sure
and
believe it's okay and i'll love to come right away but i'm sorry i'm
physically handicapp thats why i won't be able to come. and for the
payment
,i'll forward your name and address to the bank for the payment to
commence
which i'll be making thruogh postal money order cash online ,and
payment
will be delivered to you in cash directly at home with the given name
and
address given to me for the payment and i do hav e a fedex account
which
i'll be using in pickiing up the item from you immediately the payment
has
been made and approved so reply me back with your name and address for
the
payment to commence if your'e still intereted in selling the item
thanks

Posted to misc.consumers.house

In article . com,
says...

SCAM!!!!

No **** - why would he/she be telling *us* about this??

PLUS - "same price"??!? I hate to break it to "skewe" (as IF....), but, used
items, even *never opened* items, are worth LESS than new. If it's passed
through other hands, it has depreciated. Anyone can pick up a phone and order
the same thing from Dell, and get new.

It was a scam on craigslist - whether it were ever really listed there are not.

Banty

skewe wrote:
[...]

Posted to misc.consumers.house

Well, of course. CL has warnings about that ALL OVER THE PLACE.
Highlighted in yellow, highlighted in red, prefacing emails that get
forwarded through their email relay, etc.