Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Old 55 - Eagles or Waits?

Regards,

Tom Watson
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Tom Watson" wrote in message

Eagles - no question. Don Henley is the man.

Dave in Houston

Posted to rec.woodworking
tom tom is offline

On Apr 6, 7:02 pm, "Dave in Houston" wrote:
"Tom Watson" wrote in message

Eagles - no question. Don Henley is the man.

Dave in Houston

Waits, 'cause it's not about the music for either of 'em. Try Henry
Cow for the music.
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
Tom Watson wrote:

Regards,

Tom Watson
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/

What's the question?

plausible, and wrong." (H L Mencken)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 6, 9:17*pm, Tom Watson wrote:
Regards,

Tom Watsonhttp://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/

Many of your music related posts are really interesting. This one is
no exception. Soooo... I had to do it. Listen to 2 versions of Waits
and the only one The Eagles did, that I had on iTunes.
Same melody, same lyrics, 2 totally different songs and my reactions
and emotions are completely different.
One is a tall, dressed-to-the-nines glamour chick in heels, jewellery
and expensive perfume, the other, that freckled, slightly rounded red-
headed barkeep that dragged me up to her apartment in Soho and kept me
prisoner for 2 days.
Same game, different level of passion.
There can't be an answer as they are not the same song. I admire The
Eagles, but I bow to Waits.

r---- who really enjoyed just blowing 1/2 hour out of his arse. :-)

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 6, 11:00*pm, tom wrote:
On Apr 6, 7:02 pm, "Dave in Houston" wrote:

"Tom Watson" wrote in message

.. .

* * Eagles - no question. *Don Henley is the man.

Dave in Houston

Waits, 'cause it's not about the music for either of 'em. Try Henry
Cow for the music.

Wow, Henry Cow! Talk about some kick-ass music. Do you also like
Dagmar's solo stuff? The only thing she ever did that I did not like
was with Kevin Coyne. I had the pleasure of helping Fred Frith and
his band set up for a concert in Baltimore many years ago. And
Anthony Moore is great too. I used to play his version of War against
the HC version. Two vastly different presentations, but the same
message. Thanks for the reminder.

Marc (who sadly sold all of his record collection when he went head
over heels for his wife and wanted to devote his entire life to making
her happy.)
Posted to rec.woodworking
tom tom is offline

On Apr 7, 12:53 pm, marc rosen wrote:
On Apr 6, 11:00 pm, tom wrote:

On Apr 6, 7:02 pm, "Dave in Houston" wrote:

"Tom Watson" wrote in message

.. .

Eagles - no question. Don Henley is the man.

Dave in Houston

Waits, 'cause it's not about the music for either of 'em. Try Henry
Cow for the music.

Wow, Henry Cow! Talk about some kick-ass music. Do you also like
Dagmar's solo stuff? The only thing she ever did that I did not like
was with Kevin Coyne. I had the pleasure of helping Fred Frith and
his band set up for a concert in Baltimore many years ago. And
Anthony Moore is great too. I used to play his version of War against
the HC version. Two vastly different presentations, but the same
message. Thanks for the reminder.

Marc (who sadly sold all of his record collection when he went head
over heels for his wife and wanted to devote his entire life to making
her happy.)

Seems I've gotta check out Moore's version. Henry Cow may be too much
for the delicate ears of most who inhabit the wreck (yep, that's a
dare). Though I haven't heard all her stuff, Dagmar has/had impeccable
tone control, with a timbre that requires the listener to acclimate.
You must play an instrument with some degree of skill, as that would
help to provide a non-biased ear to the seemingly dischordant ways of
the band (never mind the mind-bending theme and variation). What were
you thinking, selling your records??? She'd better be worth it!
Although it's too late for us, I still tell everyone what Dr.
Kevorkian told me: Never get married! Tom
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Apr 6, 11:00 pm, tom wrote:

On Apr 6, 7:02 pm, "Dave in Houston" wrote:

"Tom Watson" wrote in message

.. .

[...]

Kevorkian told me: Never get married! *Tom- Hide quoted text -

Twenty two years of 99% happy this Saturday and still counting!

Marc
Posted to rec.woodworking

Tom Watson wrote:
Regards,

Tom Watson
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/

Waits IMHO
Posted to rec.woodworking
tom tom is offline

On Apr 8, 3:22 am, marc rosen wrote:
On Apr 8, 2:09 am, tom wrote:

On Apr 7, 12:53 pm, marc rosen wrote:

Twenty two years of 99% happy this Saturday and still counting!

Marc

You've got me by three years, and maybe thirty percent. But I still
have my vinyl! Tom