KYHighlander

Default combination plane still being made

Wow have been looking at all the #45s and #55s on ebay since the discussion
of combination planes came up. Tonight I just found where to buy one that is
brand new and in current production, looks just like the #45.

http://www.tools-for-woodworking.com...43&1=248&3=616

KY
--

http://users.adelphia.net/~kyhighland

J Pagona aka Y.B.

Wow. Only $849. Such a bargain.

To be honest, I can't believe they sell enough at that price to warrant still
being in production.

David

remove the key to email me.
KYHighlander

Hell and I thought the antiques on ebay were high, some go for $300 with the
box and original cutters. I bought one last night for $35 and am going to
frame it and hang it in the shop.

just wondered what would be said about the price of that new one. ;-)

--

"J Pagona aka Y.B." wrote in message
Wow. Only $849. Such a bargain.

To be honest, I can't believe they sell enough at that price to warrant

still
being in production.

David

remove the key to email me.

J Pagona aka Y.B.

From: Larry Jaques

It's a niche thing. Anything in a niche can sell for 10x
the normal price to a very, very select few.

Well, since you can buy a perfectly good old one for 1/6 the cost, I'm still
not sure who is buying them. Maybe there are some very wealthy, but relatively
uneducated woodworkers out there.

My complete Stanley 45 cost me $140. All it is missing is the original box and
screw driver. It had very little rust, and is perfectly useable. The price I
paid isn't even gloatable.

If the old ones were rare, or if the new ones worked many times better, than
the niche would make sense. I still don't understand it.

David

remove the key to email me.