Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Anyone know of any good spots for woodworker to visit in London, Paris, Innsbrook, Munich?

Any worldly travelers out there? Every few years I make a treck to Europe
with SWMBO.. I enjoy the museums and normal tourist sights like everyone
else.. but sometimes I just feel like a bag slepper. We'll be in Europe
the second half of May and was wondering if anyone knew of woodworking
related places in London, Paris, Innsbrook or Munich a woodworker
enthusiasts would enjoy.. Like furniture exhibits or woodworking tool
store, etc. Thanks..

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Jim Hall" wrote

Any worldly travelers out there? Every few years I make a treck to Europe
with SWMBO.. I enjoy the museums and normal tourist sights like everyone
else.. but sometimes I just feel like a bag slepper. We'll be in Europe
the second half of May and was wondering if anyone knew of woodworking
related places in London, Paris, Innsbrook or Munich a woodworker
enthusiasts would enjoy.. Like furniture exhibits or woodworking tool
store, etc. Thanks..

It is a longish time since I edited this list, but it might be of some help:

http://tinyurl.com/c8du96

Jeff

--
Jeff Gorman, West Yorkshire, UK
email : Username is amgron

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 27, 4:50*pm, "Jim Hall" wrote:
Any worldly travelers out there? *Every few years I make a treck to Europe
with SWMBO.. *I enjoy the museums and normal tourist sights like everyone
else.. *but sometimes I just feel like a bag slepper. *We'll be in Europe
the second half of May and was wondering if anyone knew of woodworking
related places in London, Paris, Innsbrook or Munich a woodworker
enthusiasts would enjoy.. *Like furniture exhibits or woodworking tool
store, etc. *Thanks..

The Deutsches Museum in Munich has, amongst many other wonderful
things, a woodworking shop with tools operated via belts from an
overhead shaft. It is well worth seeing.

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
"Jim Hall" wrote:

I can not find it in any of my guide books, but there is a guild museum
of charpentiers[carpenters] in Paris. It is next door to the resturant
Charpentier at 10 Rue Mabilon in the 6th Arr. just off San Germain and
across the rue from Marche San Germain.
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article
,
Pilgrim wrote:

In article ,
"Jim Hall" wrote:

I can not find it in any of my guide books, but there is a guild museum
of charpentiers[carpenters] in Paris. It is next door to the resturant
Charpentier at 10 Rue Mabilon in the 6th Arr. just off San Germain and
across the rue from Marche San Germain.

Okay. Just found this reference with openings and hours.
http://www.planetware.com/paris/muse...onnage-f-p-mlc.
htm
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Jim Hall" wrote in message
. ..
Added to the list.. Thank you..

Don't for get to look at just about any place you go. Chances are, the
building is 500 years old and has a lot of all hand finished wood. The
wood and stone work in the churches is usually quite good. I can spend a
long time in many of the building just marveling at the construction.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 30, 9:50*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
"Jim Hall" wrote in message

. ..

Added to the list.. *Thank you..

Don't for get to look at just about any place you go. Chances are, the
building is 500 years old and has a lot of all hand finished wood. * The
wood and stone work in the churches is usually quite good. *I can spend a
long time in many of the building just marveling at the construction.

Seconded! You'll find some really neat stuff in some really unusual
places. I was at the castle in Edinburgh and just happened to look up
and take a couple of photos. When I got back to my computer and
reviewed them, I was surprised to find that even the rafters and
ceiling panels 20' above my head were full of intricate carvings and
paint work. I posted a photo at Image Shack: http://yfrog.com/07p6090624j
..

Of course, I was equally interested in the stonework of the times as
well. Really amazing stuff.

-Nathan
Posted to rec.woodworking

Great.. Free.. too.. Marked it on the map and will check it out.. Thank
you..

"Pilgrim" wrote in message
news
In article