Chris van Aar

Default visit to London

I'm going to London from 18-10 until 22-10 and like to know what's there to
visit as a woodturner.

I put this message 7 days ago on the AWGB Forum, but I didn't got any answer
at all, perhaps the are more John Bull's uphere

The Daniel Collection

I would recommend a visit to the FLOW gallery in West London (Notting
Hill) - and the British Room used to carry some wood - but at least one
of the outlets has closed to my knowledge.

On the Fulham Road the cookery shops are known to carry salad bowls by
Don White but aside from this I honestly struggle to know where else to
point you.

The Daniel Collection

Default Presuming you want to visit galleries then ...

You could also try ..

Contemporary Applied Arts - 2 Percy Street (020-7436-2344)

Sarah Myerscough Fine Arts - 15-16 Brooks Mews (020-7495-0069)

Twist Art & Design - Redloh House, 2 Michael Road (020-7331-7303)

Chris van Aar

Jonathon,

Yes, you're right. After a succesfull weekend at "Vormgevers in Hout" - a
very broad art, design and craft show in wood, in Holland, I like to see
contempory woodturning/woodwork in England, so your hints are very welcome.
I'm also planning a visit to Hegner UK to see the VB 36 alive. So this trip
to England will be great!!!!
Thank you and perhaps see you sometime,

Chris van Aar

"The Daniel Collection" schreef in
bericht oups.com...
You could also try ..

Contemporary Applied Arts - 2 Percy Street (020-7436-2344)

Sarah Myerscough Fine Arts - 15-16 Brooks Mews (020-7495-0069)

Twist Art & Design - Redloh House, 2 Michael Road (020-7331-7303)

The Daniel Collection

Chris

Where are you staying whilst you are here?

We have a small collection of turned wood if diaries allowed.

Jonathon