Posted to rec.woodworking

Default For any one thinking about getting a cabinet saw.

Powermatic has a promotion on their PM2000.

3hp Baldor motor
50 inch rip capacity and extension tale

Shipped Free

$2200.00

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 09:16:17 -0500, "Leon"
wrote:

Powermatic has a promotion on their PM2000.

3hp Baldor motor
50 inch rip capacity and extension tale

Shipped Free

$2200.00

That's a saw for the big dawgs, Leon...
WAY out of my budget and skill level..

OTOH, when I bought my Ridgid TS, I sure wish I'd known that they would have a
granite top option a year later..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.woodworking

"mac davis" wrote
"Leon" wrote:

Powermatic has a promotion on their PM2000.

3hp Baldor motor
50 inch rip capacity and extension tale

Shipped Free

$2200.00

That's a saw for the big dawgs, Leon...
WAY out of my budget and skill level..

OTOH, when I bought my Ridgid TS, I sure wish I'd known that they would
have a
granite top option a year later..

Not to worry Mac.

Just make one from some of that ironwood you have laying around!

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Powermatic has a promotion on their *PM2000.

3hp Baldor motor
50 inch rip capacity and extension tale

Shipped Free

$2200.00

That's a saw for the big dawgs, Leon...
WAY out of my budget and skill level..

Mac,
You are only half correct there; It may be way out of your budget
range but that saw would only enhance yours- and many others' - skill
level. Never sell yourself short with regard to good woodworking
machinery. I saw my skill level jump when I got my Unisaw.
Marc
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Dave Balderstone" wrote in message
news:210320091949047468%dave@N_O_T_T_H_I_Sbalderst one.ca...
In article , Leon
wrote:

Powermatic has a promotion on their PM2000.

3hp Baldor motor
50 inch rip capacity and extension tale

Shipped Free

$2200.00

Only an hour and a half till the lottery numbers go public!

Well hopefully you will win enough to cover the tax also. ;~) GOOD LUCK!

Posted to rec.woodworking

I found a neat order page for this saw through woodwerks.com. You can
specify the color, accent color, a personalized name plate and so on.
My ultimate table saw came out to well over $5K! But it did have free
shipping, so maybe...

http://www.powermaticcustoms.com/
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Mike" wrote in message
I found a neat order page for this saw through woodwerks.com. You can
specify the color, accent color, a personalized name plate and so on.
My ultimate table saw came out to well over $5K! But it did have free
shipping, so maybe...

http://www.powermaticcustoms.com/

First off the saw you probably built was a 2066 and not the 2200

I took a look and was stopped in my tracks by the opening page. I noticed
the saw with the large cast iron legs supporting the right side extension
table and found that rather odd.

First off consider that the saw has built in mobility. IIRC the tilt wheel
has a dual function that also raises and lowers the castors under the saw
cabinet. I wonder how you are going to get the cast iron legs up off the
floor to move the saw around. You have to think that the light end of the
saw with no wheels is glint to weigh 200+ lbs coupled with the full steel
extension table.