Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default For any one thinking about getting a cabinet saw.

"Mike" wrote in message
I found a neat order page for this saw through woodwerks.com. You can
specify the color, accent color, a personalized name plate and so on.
My ultimate table saw came out to well over $5K! But it did have free
shipping, so maybe...

http://www.powermaticcustoms.com/

First off the saw you probably built was a 2066 and not the 2200

I took a look and was stopped in my tracks by the opening page. I noticed
the saw with the large cast iron legs supporting the right side extension
table and found that rather odd.

First off consider that the saw has built in mobility. IIRC the tilt wheel
has a dual function that also raises and lowers the castors under the saw
cabinet. I wonder how you are going to get the cast iron legs up off the
floor to move the saw around. You have to think that the light end of the
saw with no wheels is glint to weigh 200+ lbs coupled with the full steel
extension table.