Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Quote

"charlieb" wrote:

I wish there was some way to deal with tele-marketers the way those
two
olf coots dealt with traveling salesmen.

Simplest thing in the world.

Two solutions.

1) Install an answering machine and NEVER pick up the phone until you
hear a voice on the other end you recognize.

2) Play mind games.

If you want to answer the phone, wait for the initial spiel then
respond, "That is very interesting, mind if I ask you a question?"

Wait for response.

When they answer "Yes", respond, "Why did you make that statement?"

SHUT UP AND WAIT.

When they answer repeat, "That is very interesting, mind if I ask you
a question?"

Probably will probably take 30-60 seconds for the SOB to hang up, but
they will give up.

I sometimes do it just to waste the caller's time, if I'm bored.

Have fun.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 16, 4:53*pm, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:
"charlieb" wrote:
[...]

I seldom get any calls like that. Unlisted phone number must help. I
also made sure I was on all the NoCall lists.
The only ones who have unlimited access are Sir Paul McCartney,
Swingman and, of course, Morris.
Now, that my dear Angela and Snowflake are in Chicago shopping for
March Break, I will also allow calls from Ms Anniston, Meg, and in a
pinch, Scarlett.

Quote [email protected] UK diy 5 July 30th 06 09:19 PM
WOW quote Birchy Home Ownership 0 April 8th 05 09:07 AM
nifty quote of the day Birchy Home Ownership 0 April 1st 05 11:29 PM
quote of the day Birchy Woodturning 0 March 31st 05 09:41 PM
OT quote Wwj2110 Metalworking 7 December 20th 04 06:21 PM