Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Getting surface planer back up and running

After a bit of a hiatus, I'm getting ready to make sawdust again. I'm
reading over the manual for my Delta 13" planer, and it recommends "extreme
pressure lithium grease" to lubricate the gears. Where is one likely to
find such grease? Wal-Mart? Auto parts store? Ace Hardware? Dedicated
tool store?

todd

Posted to rec.woodworking

"todd" wrote in message

After a bit of a hiatus, I'm getting ready to make sawdust again. I'm
reading over the manual for my Delta 13" planer, and it recommends

"extreme

pressure lithium grease" to lubricate the gears. Where is one likely to
find such grease? Wal-Mart? Auto parts store? Ace Hardware? Dedicated
tool store?

todd

Ace Hardware

https://www.acehardwareoutlet.com/(i...SKU=1000011188

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Posted to rec.woodworking

"todd" wrote in message
After a bit of a hiatus, I'm getting ready to make sawdust again. I'm
reading over the manual for my Delta 13" planer, and it recommends
"extreme pressure lithium grease" to lubricate the gears. Where is one
likely to find such grease? Wal-Mart? Auto parts store? Ace Hardware?
Dedicated tool store?

todd

For the exact fit, a Delta authorized repair facility. After that, like
Robert mentioned, automotive "disk brake" wheel bearing grease. IIRC this
is a common lube in the boating industry.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Nova" wrote in message
"todd" wrote in message

After a bit of a hiatus, I'm getting ready to make sawdust again. I'm
reading over the manual for my Delta 13" planer, and it recommends

"extreme

pressure lithium grease" to lubricate the gears. Where is one likely to
find such grease? Wal-Mart? Auto parts store? Ace Hardware? Dedicated
tool store?

todd

Ace Hardware

https://www.acehardwareoutlet.com/(i...SKU=1000011188

A 7 lb pail? What on earth for??? It's $4 for a 14 oz tube at Amazon and
elsewhere.

Posted to rec.woodworking

MikeWhy wrote:
"Nova" wrote in message

Ace Hardware

https://www.acehardwareoutlet.com/(i...SKU=1000011188

A 7 lb pail? What on earth for??? It's $4 for a 14 oz tube at Amazon
and elsewhere.

It was the wrong link. The proper link for some reason never copied
into my clipboard. It should have been:

https://www.acehardwareoutlet.com/(i...?SKU=998016857

--
Jack Novak