Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Sacramento area wood supplier

Hi all,
Does anyone know of a good place to purchase hardwoods in the Sacramento
area? I will be needing some Red Oak and before going to the Borg stores I
thought I would check here.

Thanks.
Ed

Posted to rec.woodworking

I'm sure they must have a Higgins Hardwoods in your area. They are a
supplier to commercial cabinet shops but you can call in an order and
pick it up "will call" or have it delivered. They will not let you
pull it yourself because they are not retail but I am pretty sure you
can buy from them even as a private citizen vs a business.

Being a commercial supplier, if they really do deliver crap you can
send it back but that usually won't happen.

If you ever drive down to the bay area then Plywood and Lumber Sales
(Pals) is also a commercial supplier but has a walk in and hand pick
area at their Oakland site (in an industrial area boardering a bad
neighborhood). You can call them for prices but it will be about 1/2
the price of Home Depot and a much better selection.

On Feb 9, 12:46*pm, "EdV" wrote:
Hi all,
Does anyone know of a good place to purchase hardwoods in the Sacramento
area? *I will be needing some Red Oak and before going to the Borg stores I
thought I would check here.

Thanks.
Ed

Posted to rec.woodworking

Does anyone know of a good place to purchase hardwoods in the Sacramento
area? I will be needing some Red Oak and before going to the Borg stores I
thought I would check here.

Hughes Hardwoods.

-Zz
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 9 Feb 2009 12:46:23 -0800, "EdV"
wrote:

Look at craigslist SFO, you may occasionally find cabinet
makers, woodworking shops or contractors disposing
quantities of lumbers below market prices. I am new to the
Bay Areas and I find the lumber and plywood here are very
pricey. I watch craigslist and had bought power tools,
lumber and laminate at a fraction what it would cost at the
Big Box, including free MDF and drywall. Here are some for
you to start:

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/mat/1021816632.html
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/mat/1026332244.html
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/mat/1028117301.html

San Jose

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/mat/1026212117.html

Los Gatos (This look like a good one, posted regularly in
craigslist).

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/mat/1020450857.html

Go luck to you, please do come back and tell us what you
find.

Hi all,
Does anyone know of a good place to purchase hardwoods in the Sacramento
area? I will be needing some Red Oak and before going to the Borg stores I
thought I would check here.

Thanks.
Ed

Posted to rec.woodworking

"EdV" wrote in message
Hi all,
Does anyone know of a good place to purchase hardwoods in the Sacramento
area? I will be needing some Red Oak and before going to the Borg stores
I thought I would check here.

Thanks.
Ed

Auburn Hardwoods Not open on weekends
..
http://local.yahoo.com/info-21704934...z=Auburn%2C+CA

I've also bought wood from Hughes
http://www.hugheshardwoods.com/

The Borg stores ( I will guess Home Crapo & Lowes) There prices are so high
compared to real lumber suppliers there great if you need one piece of wood

Aura hardwoods Rancho Cordova Haven't been there for years at one time they
had all kinds of hardwoods
http://www.aurahardwoods.com/joomla/...= 1&Itemid=12