Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Good info on UHMW - what about phenolic?

Jay Giuliani wrote:
I used a hard plastic material, actal type unknown.

I was in the local Bed, Bath and Beyond a couple of months ago and they
had some food prep boards made of a whitish, opaqure plastic for a
couple of bucks apiece.

I bought one and experimented with it.

I was able to cut it easily on a small bandsaw and used a forstner bid
to cut recesses for the mounting tans on the table top.

For the slot, I just slowly brought the blade up therough the material
at full tilt to the left and then the right.

I trimmed it with the router and it works great.

I went back and bought a few more and have been making inserts for the
other tools as needed.

I think I saw those, and I was tempted to buy a couple for that very
purpose. I'll have to go back and pick some up.

--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.