Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Good info on UHMW - what about phenolic?

"J.
Is it really phenolic? The ones I've seen which were busted enough
for the material to be identifiable were generally particle board with
a plastic overlay.

There are a variety of materials used. Bobrick offers a phenolic core
covered with laminate. They are significantly more expensive than the metal
or particle board types.

Posted to rec.woodworking

J. Clarke wrote:
Roger amd Missy Behnke wrote:
"J.
Is it really phenolic? The ones I've seen which were busted enough
for the material to be identifiable were generally particle board
with a plastic overlay.

There are a variety of materials used. Bobrick offers a phenolic
core
covered with laminate. They are significantly more expensive than
the metal or particle board types.

Interesting--I've got to start hanging out in a better class of public
toilet grin.

I was in a hotel restroom (Omni in ATL, or maybe the luxury box section
of that arena) that had solid hardwood panel partitions trimmed in what
I swear was Mahogany. Complete with valet dude drying your hands and
offering cologne and all that.

Now if the Flying J could get on board with that. :-)

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply
Posted to rec.woodworking

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
Roger amd Missy Behnke wrote:
"J.
Is it really phenolic? The ones I've seen which were busted enough
for the material to be identifiable were generally particle board
with a plastic overlay.

There are a variety of materials used. Bobrick offers a phenolic
core
covered with laminate. They are significantly more expensive than
the metal or particle board types.

Interesting--I've got to start hanging out in a better class of public
toilet grin.

Have you tried the Minneapolis airport terminal men's room? I hear you
can meet U. S. senators there.

Dave in Houston

Posted to rec.woodworking

Dave in Houston wrote:
"J. Clarke" wrote in message
Roger amd Missy Behnke wrote:
"J.
Is it really phenolic? The ones I've seen which were busted
enough
for the material to be identifiable were generally particle board
with a plastic overlay.

There are a variety of materials used. Bobrick offers a phenolic
core
covered with laminate. They are significantly more expensive than
the metal or particle board types.

Interesting--I've got to start hanging out in a better class of
public toilet grin.

Have you tried the Minneapolis airport terminal men's room? I
hear you can meet U. S. senators there.

I'd rather "meet" a syphilitic porcupine.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)