Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Timer needed

I currently working on a box-fan air cleaner project which will hang from
the ceiling. I want to preserve the speed controls, if possible, but I'd
like to add a time so that it will run for an hour after I'm done making
dust (yea, I do have a DC plumbed to everything but 'fines' tend to get
away). The real problem is that the AC access is on the ceiling where the
lights are plugged in. If I could mount the timer to the bottom of the fan
I will be able to reach it without a ladder. I would prefer a self
contained unit so that I don't have to get into running conduit and
installing a box for the typical bathroom type timer. Do any of you folks
have any experience with such a device?

As always, TIA!
Chuck

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 15, 11:02*pm, "C & E" wrote:
I currently working on a box-fan air cleaner project which will hang from
the ceiling. *I want to preserve the speed controls, if possible, but I'd
like to add a time so that it will run for an hour after I'm done making
dust (yea, I do have a DC plumbed to everything but 'fines' tend to get
away). *The real problem is that the AC access is on the ceiling where the
lights are plugged in. *If I could mount the timer to the bottom of the fan
I will be able to reach it without a ladder. *I would prefer a self
contained unit so that I don't have to get into running conduit and
installing a box for the typical bathroom type timer. *Do any of you folks
have any experience with such a device?

As always, TIA!
Chuck

I added one of those remote control timers to mine and you can set it
to run for 1,2,4,8 hours and I can turn it on with the remote.

Ted
Posted to rec.woodworking

"C & E" wrote in message
I currently working on a box-fan air cleaner project which will hang from
the ceiling. I want to preserve the speed controls, if possible, but I'd
like to add a time so that it will run for an hour after I'm done making
dust (yea, I do have a DC plumbed to everything but 'fines' tend to get
away). The real problem is that the AC access is on the ceiling where the
lights are plugged in. If I could mount the timer to the bottom of the fan
I will be able to reach it without a ladder. I would prefer a self
contained unit so that I don't have to get into running conduit and
installing a box for the typical bathroom type timer. Do any of you folks
have any experience with such a device?

As always, TIA!
Chuck

Where did you get yours, Ted? Lowe's? Online?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 19, 12:35*pm, wrote:
On Jan 16, 7:25*pm, "C & E" wrote:

"C & E" wrote in . ..

I currently working on a box-fan air cleaner project which will hang from
the ceiling. *I want to preserve the speed controls, if possible, but I'd
like to add a time so that it will run for an hour after I'm done making
dust (yea, I do have a DC plumbed to everything but 'fines' tend to get
away). *The real problem is that the AC access is on the ceiling where the
lights are plugged in. *If I could mount the timer to the bottom of the fan
I will be able to reach it without a ladder. *I would prefer a self
contained unit so that I don't have to get into running conduit and
installing a box for the typical bathroom type timer. *Do any of you folks
have any experience with such a device?

As always, TIA!
Chuck

Where did you get yours, Ted? *Lowe's? *Online?

I bought it a long time ago. I did a search on line and couldn't find
a comparable unit. I did have to tape over the sensor to use it. I'll
do some more searching.
Ted- Hide quoted text -

I checked my unit last night and it has 2 units attatched to it. One
is an outdoor timer used for christmas lights and it is plugged into a
remote.
You should be able to buy these at lowes.
Ted
Posted to rec.woodworking

We use an electronic solid state unit in a lot of the equipment we build.

It is a puck type component that has variable time settings by using
different resistors or a knob type accessory which fits in to a hole in the
face.

We use them to both delay starting and delay stopping depending on the
application.

Look in the Newark Elecrtronics catalog.

They are components that you want in the open.

wrote in message
On Jan 19, 12:35 pm, wrote:
On Jan 16, 7:25 pm, "C & E" wrote:

"C & E" wrote in
. ..

[...]

Posted to rec.woodworking

"C & E" wrote in
. ..

[...]

My Jet came with a remote and has a built-in timer. Both are extremely
handy. (I know it doesn't help...)