Posted to rec.woodworking

Default off topic!!!!! (mostly)

Ravens WIN!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh, I was also using my Domino to put more cherry edging on some
plywood while the game was in progress too, so this is still relevant
to recdotwoodworking.

Marc (who took his pet Woodduck to the local Woodcraft today)

Posted to rec.woodworking

marc rosen wrote:
Ravens WIN!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh, I was also using my Domino to put more cherry edging on some
plywood while the game was in progress too, so this is still relevant
to recdotwoodworking.

Marc (who took his pet Woodduck to the local Woodcraft today)

Something about birds - Cardinals also won! If this trend continues,
the Eagles should win. Don't think there's a bird called a Charger or
Steeler though.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 00:48:06 +0000, marc rosen wrote
(in article
):

Ravens WIN!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh, I was also using my Domino to put more cherry edging on some
plywood while the game was in progress too, so this is still relevant
to recdotwoodworking.

Marc (who took his pet Woodduck to the local Woodcraft today)

OMG

The colonials are talking in secret code again.
Tell King George to send more dragoons - and a library book on fowlery. !!
!!

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 08:42:48 -0700, Doug Winterburn
wrote:

marc rosen wrote:
Ravens WIN!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh, I was also using my Domino to put more cherry edging on some
plywood while the game was in progress too, so this is still relevant
to recdotwoodworking.

Marc (who took his pet Woodduck to the local Woodcraft today)

Something about birds - Cardinals also won! If this trend continues,
the Eagles should win. Don't think there's a bird called a Charger or
Steeler though.

Theory proven.

Next week it is bird against bird.

Who wins, predator, or prey?

Regards,

Tom Watson
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

marc rosen wrote:
Ravens WIN!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh, I was also using my Domino to put more cherry edging on some
plywood while the game was in progress too, so this is still relevant
to recdotwoodworking.

Marc (who took his pet Woodduck to the local Woodcraft today)

Something about birds - Cardinals also won! If this trend continues,
the Eagles should win. Don't think there's a bird called a Charger or
Steeler though.

Theory proven.

Next week it is bird against bird.

Who wins, predator, or prey?

Regards,

Tom Watson
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/

Well, a week ago the prey beat the predator in the prey's cage. Same
situation next week, but probably not the same result.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
marc rosen wrote:
Ravens WIN!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh, I was also using my Domino to put more cherry edging on some
plywood while the game was in progress too, so this is still relevant
to recdotwoodworking.

Marc (who took his pet Woodduck to the local Woodcraft today)

Something about birds - Cardinals also won! *If this trend continues,
the Eagles should win. *Don't think there's a bird called a Charger or
Steeler though.

Theory proven.

Next week it is bird against bird.

Who wins, predator, or prey?

Regards,

Tom Watsonhttp://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/

Hey Tom,
Taking this even more off topic; one day many years ago when I was bow
hunting I witnessed a very small hawk attack a Blue Jay. For about 15
seconds they were tumbling and screaching on the ground, creating a
dust cloud around them. Finally both birds retreated to neutral
corners (two trees opposite of the small clearing) with the predator
looking as shook up as its intended prey. The Jay waited untill the
hawk flew off before it flew away. It was funny to see that Jay
defend itself so well.
Marc
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
marc rosen wrote:
[...]

Them Jays is notorious for defending their territory. When I was a
kid I disturbed a pair of nesting Jays and they harrased me while I
ran away from them, for two blocks.

Maybe they should have been the National Bird? (rather than
Franklin's suggestion of the Turkey)

Regards,

Tom Watson
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
marc rosen wrote:
[...]

Tom Watsonhttp://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/- Hide quoted text -

Had a pair of Jays nested in the trees near our house every year, and
every year ou black cat "Satan" had to relearn the lesson of leaving
them alone! Spent most of his outside time belly-down scurrying to get
under cover while they dive-bombed him.
Norm
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Nahmie" wrote in message
Spent most of his outside time belly-down scurrying to get
under cover while they dive-bombed him.

When I lived at my grandmother's house, there was a 300 year old Dutch Elm
on the property. Naturally we had lots of birds present such as robins,
cardinals and a variety of other common types. A pair of blue jays moved in
I thought it was pretty neat because the Toronto Blue Jays baseball team had
just formed. A week later all the other birds were gone. Changed my mind
pretty quick about Jays (the bird) and started taking pot shots at them with
the pellet rifle.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

marc rosen wrote:
Ravens WIN!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh, I was also using my Domino to put more cherry edging on some
plywood while the game was in progress too, so this is still relevant
to recdotwoodworking.

Marc (who took his pet Woodduck to the local Woodcraft today)
Something about birds - Cardinals also won! If this trend continues,
the Eagles should win. Don't think there's a bird called a Charger or
Steeler though.

Theory proven.

Next week it is bird against bird.

Who wins, predator, or prey?

Regards,

Tom Watson
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/

Well, a week ago the prey beat the predator in the prey's cage. Same
situation next week, but probably not the same result.

Bad day for the predator!