Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Q: Techniques for Working with Manzanita Root Burls

I've got two manzanita root burls that I've had stored away for a project
that's no longer needed. The smaller one measures about 5" across and the
larger one about twice that. I've never worked with this and I have no idea
how one even cuts this (or why), whether it's desirable to try to smooth out
the surface or leave it very rough, and finally how to finish it.

Google isn't much help at all so I'd appreciate a few hints or links to
ideas about what to do with this material.

TIA
Norm

manzanita ball sources? Don Woodturning 2 November 27th 06 10:18 PM
manzanita burl balls source? Don Woodturning 0 November 9th 06 08:11 PM
Manzanita for sale [email protected] Woodturning 3 June 24th 06 05:09 PM
Dry Burls Tom Storey Woodturning 3 April 16th 06 07:08 PM
Amboyna and other Burls Burls-Queen Woodworking 0 January 4th 05 03:53 AM