Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: Welcome to SoCal

Opening up the e-mail when "BOOM", a sudden jolt, unannounced and
quiet.

Reports of a 5.0 in San Bernardino, about 60 miles east, are coming
in.

Life moves on.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Welcome to SoCal

"Lew Hodgett" wrote
Opening up the e-mail when "BOOM", a sudden jolt, unannounced and quiet.

Reports of a 5.0 in San Bernardino, about 60 miles east, are coming in.

Whatever you do, DO NOT forward that e-mail to anybody else!!

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
Opening up the e-mail when "BOOM", a sudden jolt, unannounced and quiet.

Reports of a 5.0 in San Bernardino, about 60 miles east, are coming in.

Life moves on.

Lew

Oh goody, you will get to see the reports on TV over and over and over and
over,,,, And so in so's birdy flew around it's cage, will probably be
reported by every TV station. :~) Glad to hear that you are not too
concerned.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 09 Jan 2009 04:20:46 GMT, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:

Opening up the e-mail when "BOOM", a sudden jolt, unannounced and
quiet.

Reports of a 5.0 in San Bernardino, about 60 miles east, are coming
in.

Life moves on.

Lew

So, you felt the earth move?
You da man, Lew..

I spent 60 years in northern Cali and only one earthquake scared me...
Beats the hell outta tornadoes, hurricanes, blizzards, etc IMO..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.woodworking

Lew Hodgett wrote:
Opening up the e-mail when "BOOM", a sudden jolt, unannounced and
quiet.

Reports of a 5.0 in San Bernardino, about 60 miles east, are coming
in.

Life moves on.

Lew

Later reduced to a 4.5, 10 miles north and a mile + down. As Maggy
says: It's one that gives a fun ride but is too short.
:-)
jo4hn

Posted to rec.woodworking

mac davis wrote:
On Fri, 09 Jan 2009 04:20:46 GMT, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:

Opening up the e-mail when "BOOM", a sudden jolt, unannounced and
quiet.

Reports of a 5.0 in San Bernardino, about 60 miles east, are coming
in.

Life moves on.

Lew

So, you felt the earth move?
You da man, Lew..

I spent 60 years in northern Cali and only one earthquake scared me...
Beats the hell outta tornadoes, hurricanes, blizzards, etc IMO..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

We had a nice one when I lived it Japan. I wasn't worried about the
house but all I could think of was the concrete power pole in front. I
expected it to snap off, but it didn't. Found out on another that came
in the night--you can hear it coming!

No floods, earthquakes, mudslides, wildfires or hurricanes here, but
there is the occasional Tornado. And armadillos.

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

Social Security: World's biggest Ponzi Scheme.