Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default OFF TOPIC - That Time of Year

Hi guys. Just back to wish you all season's greetings. For the PC
weenies, happy holidays. For the rest of you all, it's Merry Christmas,
Happy Haunaka, Happy Quanza, Happy Winter Solstice, and any other
holiday around this time of the year. I'm not very PC, so you if decide
to say Happy Haunaka, Happy Quanza, or Merry or Happy whatever to me,
I'll wish it back to you. So if I say Merry Christmas to you first I
would Merry Christmas back would b appropriate, but feel free to call
back your h oliday instead, I won't mind. It isn't the holiday that
matters, it's the thought. So happy whatever, and here's a card for all
of you to share. http://www.joe-ks.com/images/BadSanta.jpg

JOAT
Where the choice is between only violence and cowardice, I would advise
violence.
- Mohandas Gandhi

Posted to rec.woodworking

J T wrote:
Hi guys. Just back to wish you all season's greetings. For the PC
weenies, happy holidays. For the rest of you all, it's Merry Christmas,
Happy Haunaka, Happy Quanza, Happy Winter Solstice, and any other
holiday around this time of the year. I'm not very PC, so you if decide
to say Happy Haunaka, Happy Quanza, or Merry or Happy whatever to me,
I'll wish it back to you. So if I say Merry Christmas to you first I
would Merry Christmas back would b appropriate, but feel free to call
back your h oliday instead, I won't mind. It isn't the holiday that
matters, it's the thought. So happy whatever, and here's a card for all
of you to share. http://www.joe-ks.com/images/BadSanta.jpg

JOAT
Where the choice is between only violence and cowardice, I would advise
violence.
- Mohandas Gandhi

We are expecting snow tomorrow ... and Sunday ... and Monday ... and
Tuesday ... and maybe ending on Wednesday. Twitch. But I'm practicing
my Bing Crosby imitation: Buh, buh, buh, boo... Iyyyyyyyyyum
dreammmmmmmmmmin of a vwhiiiiiiiiiiittttttttteeeeeeeee
Chrrrrriiiiiiiisssttttmaaaaaaaassssss... Oh well you get the idea.

Merry Christmas and a better New Year.
jo4hn
Posted to rec.woodworking

Bubba - I wish y'all the same and hope you don't get too much more
yard art from your kinfolk.

I still think that the LUV can be turned into a HUMLUV.

Just needs some Bondo and a motor transplant and it's good to go.

Actually, when I'm not being a dumb smartass - I'd like to wish you a
Merry Christmas (assuming that there ain't no muslims, jews, seventh
day adventists, taoists, dis-churched congregationalists, pagans,
wiccans, nor any other anti-christmas folks that would be offended)

Other than the above - Noel.

tom

On Fri, 12 Dec 2008 22:28:59 -0500, (J T)
wrote:

[...]

Regards,

Tom Watson
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/
Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Fri, Dec 12, 2008, 11:21pm (Tom*Watson) didst
scribe:
Bubba - I wish y'all the same and hope you don't get too much more yard
art from your kinfolk.
I still think that the LUV can be turned into a HUMLUV.
Just needs some Bondo and a motor transplant and it's good to go.
Actually, when I'm not being a dumb smartass - I'd like to wish you a
Merry Christmas (assuming that there ain't no muslims, jews, seventh day
adventists, taoists, dis-churched congregationalists, pagans, wiccans,
nor any other anti-christmas folks that would be offended)
Other than the above - Noel.

Yard "art" - errrgh.

The LUV already has a crate 350 with a Lunati cam, and it's gonna
keep the primer and rust for awhile, it's gonna be a neat sleeper.
Progress has slowed on it just nowtho, too cold for the kid in an
uninsulated shop. That's in the works.

Way I figure if any of those people get offentded at a simplle
:"Merry Christmas", and can't just accept it in the spirit it's given,
then they're too tight-assed to dance.. But truth to say, all of thoe
types I've met would all take it in the spirit given. Merry to you and
yours too.

I's got a 'puter now, but still learning on it. Once I get the LUV
on th e road I'll ost a picture over in ABPW, or a link here.

JOAT
Where the choice is between only violence and cowardice, I would advise
violence.
- Mohandas Gandhi

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 12, 10:28*pm, (J T) wrote:
[...]

You forgot Festivus. For the rest of us.
I have a few grievances to air.
Gather around the pole.
Posted to rec.woodworking

I hope we have snow at Christmas.

it'd be really nice to finally have a day this year when it doesn't rain.

Merry Bah Humbug Season to y'all, Peace on Earth and Goodwill to all persons
of non-specific gender who try and find a reason to get offended by
everything. and best wishes for the ongoing Milllennium.

Have a Good one, everybody.

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
J T wrote:
Hi guys. Just back to wish you all season's greetings. For the PC
weenies, happy holidays. For the rest of you all, it's Merry Christmas,
Happy Haunaka, Happy Quanza, Happy Winter Solstice, and any other
holiday around this time of the year. I'm not very PC, so you if decide
to say Happy Haunaka, Happy Quanza, or Merry or Happy whatever to me,
I'll wish it back to you. So if I say Merry Christmas to you first I
would Merry Christmas back would b appropriate, but feel free to call
back your h oliday instead, I won't mind. It isn't the holiday that
matters, it's the thought. So happy whatever, and here's a card for all
of you to share. http://www.joe-ks.com/images/BadSanta.jpg

A Card for everyone:

A B C D E
F G H I J
K M N O P
Q R S T U
U V W X Y

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robert Bonomi" wrote:

A Card for everyone:

A B C D E
F G H I J
K M N O P
Q R S T U
U V W X Y

Two "U"s and no "L"?

Or should that be Two "U"s and "Noel"?

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
Lew Hodgett wrote:
"Robert Bonomi" wrote:

A Card for everyone:

A B C D E
F G H I J
K M N O P
Q R S T U
U V W X Y

Two "U"s and no "L"?

Or should that be Two "U"s and "Noel"?

Right idea -- but your execution fallls in the
'close, but no seegar' category.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Robert Bonomi wrote:
In article ,
Lew Hodgett wrote:
"Robert Bonomi" wrote:

A Card for everyone:

A B C D E
F G H I J
K M N O P
Q R S T U
U V W X Y

Two "U"s and no "L"?

Or should that be Two "U"s and "Noel"?

Right idea -- but your execution fallls in the
'close, but no seegar' category.

Have P no L two U's 2!

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

(J T) wrote in
:

[...]

Picture reminded me of crap and sewage.

I just finished cleaning up (mostly) from a sewer backup in the basement
(where the shop is). Two good things: Firstly, the 4 inch high barrier
around the floor drain that spouted contained alot of the backup.
Secondly, it was more than 1 year since the lasat time, so the borough
(Fair Lawn) came within 90 minutes to rotoroot the pipe. Guys needed a
4" cleanout cap that I had to get from the local hardware store. Total
cost, $14.97, a lot better thn calling a commercial outfit on a weekend.

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

Bored Borg wrote:
I hope we have snow at Christmas.

it'd be really nice to finally have a day this year when it doesn't
rain.

Nice part about living in SoCal:

Christmas day it's about 75F, open front door and look north to see
the mountains tops, about 50 miles away, colored white.

Have been told that the white stuff is snow.

I don't plan on getting close enough to find out.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

Lew Hodgett wrote:
Bored Borg wrote:
I hope we have snow at Christmas.

it'd be really nice to finally have a day this year when it doesn't
rain.

Nice part about living in SoCal:

Christmas day it's about 75F, open front door and look north to see
the mountains tops, about 50 miles away, colored white.

Look again and I'll wave.

Have been told that the white stuff is snow.

I don't plan on getting close enough to find out.

Wuss.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 16:36:09 +0000, Bored Borg wrote:

Merry Bah Humbug Season to y'all, Peace on Earth and Goodwill to all persons
of non-specific gender who try and find a reason to get offended by
everything. and best wishes for the ongoing Milllennium.

And a splendiferous Saturnalia salutation to you!

Posted to rec.woodworking

"jo4hn" wrote:

Look again and I'll wave.

OK, but will have to turn NE first.

Will I see your sleigh?

Wuss.

Actually, when it comes to weather, I have become a professional candy
ass.

Anything below 60F and above 95F is not fit for human habitation
IMHO.G.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
Lew Hodgett wrote:
"jo4hn" wrote:

Look again and I'll wave.

OK, but will have to turn NE first.

Will I see your sleigh?

Even if you don't, you can still Deck the Halls with Boston Charlie.

Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Sat, Dec 13, 2008, 9:07pm (EST-2) From:
(Mark*&*Juanita) doth lament:
snip We don't get any days where a sled could be used.

Sorry to hear that. A man needs to live in a pace with 4 seasons.

JOAT
Where the choice is between only violence and cowardice, I would advise
violence.
- Mohandas Gandhi

Posted to rec.woodworking

in 86584 20081214 123731 "J. Clarke" wrote:

Hay. Some warm places get snow. New Orleans, LA got 4-6 inches last
week.

So much for "global warming".

Oh dear.

Time of year The Medway Handyman UK diy 73 November 4th 08 02:59 PM
On topic this time mark Woodworking 9 January 30th 08 07:09 AM
Is this time of the year a good time to buy a new home? first time home buyer Home Ownership 8 May 19th 06 12:23 PM
Off topic: Pressure against time graph of TNT/ Nitroglycerine URGENT Ian R.Weeks Metalworking 2 April 17th 05 07:11 PM
Re-roofing--when is the best time of year? GarySport Home Repair 8 May 20th 04 06:47 PM