Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Unusual Staircase Designs (Link)

http://www.toxel.com/inspiration/200...rcase-designs/

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 12, 1:19*pm, KIMOSABE wrote:
http://www.toxel.com/inspiration/200...-creative-stai...

WOW. I amimpressed. I will never look at a set of stairs in the same
way again. Thanks for the great pics.

Dennis
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 12 Dec 2008 11:19:08 -0800, KIMOSABE wrote:

http://www.toxel.com/inspiration/200...-and-creative-

staircase-designs/

Despite the poor name, this site includes most of those plus a bunch more
(don't miss the "next " link at the bottom):

http://www.stairporn.org
Posted to rec.woodworking

"KIMOSABE" wrote in message

http://www.toxel.com/inspiration/200...rcase-designs/

Would certainly drive the building inspector crazy.

Posted to rec.woodworking

I can't imagine my inspector passing these.

On Fri, 12 Dec 2008 11:19:08 -0800 (PST), KIMOSABE
wrote:

http://www.toxel.com/inspiration/200...rcase-designs/

Regards,

Tom Watson
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/

Posted to rec.woodworking

RED TAGGED""No hand rail

Jerry

http://community.webtv.net/awoodbutc...oodWorkingPage

http://community.webtv.net/awoodbutcher/1974Tryke

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 12, 9:03*pm, Tom Watson wrote:
I can't imagine my inspector passing these.

Damn American nanny state! Europeans obviously have a lot more
freedom.

Luigi
www.yukonomics.ca/wooddorking
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 13, 8:06*pm, Mark & Juanita wrote:
crawled out from unde rhis bridge and cast:

Damn American nanny state! Europeans obviously have a lot more
freedom.

* Given what we've seen of EU rules, my guess is that these aren't
staircases intended for regular use; some further context is needed. *I
can't believe the EU would allow some of these designs while prohibiting
their construction with a dado-equipped table saw.

Sorry to disappoint you Mark, but the dado-blade-prohibiting Europeans
do allow those kinds of staircases without handrails, with extremely
steep & weird configurations that we North Americans consider
extremely unsafe. I was mildly shocked to see quite a few similar
staircases exhibited and sold at a home show in Italy in 2006 and
there were no carabinieri, polizia or EU bureaucrats getting involved.
By the way, they do not prohibit dado blades, they simply have a
safety regulation imposing the maximum time it should take a spinning
blade to come to a full stop. It is the manufacturers of cheaper table
saws who chose not to install a brake on TS and instead make arbours
too short to fit a dado blade.

Just to create a little more cognitive dissonance for you, the Germans
don’t have a nanny state telling them how fast they can go on their
Autobahns (Autobahnen?). Germans (and Italians, for that matter) feel
pretty much the same way about speed limits that Americans feel about
gun control: i.e. some in favour but most believe that it is an
intolerable attack on their liberty, and arguments about numbers of
deaths are simply not believed. The Dutch don’t have a nanny state
telling them what kinds of plants they can and can’t smoke. The
western European countries no longer have a nanny state telling people
what kind of sexual practices they can indulge in or who they can or
can’t marry.

Luigi
www.yukonomics.ca/wooddorking

The best fun link this weekend! (Corrected Link) John Electronics Repair 0 June 1st 08 02:18 PM
Staircase Jig Arthur2 UK diy 10 January 17th 08 12:09 AM
Staircase (New) [email protected] UK diy 1 May 31st 07 12:11 PM
Build cable: Brother Missing Link aka Multi-Function Link, PCI-1, PC I/F jd_hupp Electronics Repair 3 November 18th 05 04:30 PM