Posted to rec.woodworking

Default What are you getting the missus this year?

"mac davis" wrote in message
Sort of like all of the requests I get in the neighborhood for everything

from
signs to fence repairs, because they know that turners work with wood..

lol

What? You refuse to turn signs and fences for your neighbours?

Posted to rec.woodworking

"MikeWhy" wrote:

http://books.google.com/books?id=axf0LZBU-goC&pg=PA198&lpg=PA198&dq=sailor's+palm&source=web &ots=oz9niRnV1Y&sig=D_lIDU-pjORwIl-8ukxD7Tn7Exs&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=9&ct =result#PPA199,M1

Can't find a darning egg in my ditty bag.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

"mac davis" wrote

Sort of like all of the requests I get in the neighborhood for everything
from
signs to fence repairs, because they know that turners work with wood..
lol

Just tell them you don't have a big enough lathe.

You could suggest that they buy you a Oneway, and you will reconsider.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 12 Dec 2008 11:12:51 -0500, "Upscale" wrote:

"mac davis" wrote in message
Sort of like all of the requests I get in the neighborhood for everything

from
signs to fence repairs, because they know that turners work with wood..

lol

What? You refuse to turn signs and fences for your neighbours?

yeah, occupational hazard...
I have done some ornamental fence posts for friends, though..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 12 Dec 2008 13:08:59 -0500, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:

"mac davis" wrote

Sort of like all of the requests I get in the neighborhood for everything
from
signs to fence repairs, because they know that turners work with wood..
lol

Just tell them you don't have a big enough lathe.

You could suggest that they buy you a Oneway, and you will reconsider.

Good Idea!
Better to explain what a Oneway is than talk about having a Stubby..