Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: Today

On this anniversary date, lest we not forget 67 years ago today.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 7, 5:40*pm, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:
On this anniversary date, lest we not forget 67 years ago today.

Lew

Thanks for mentioning it here Lew, it's been on my mind for days.

Marc
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Today

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
On this anniversary date, lest we not forget 67 years ago today.

Lew

Yes, I remember it quite well. I was playing outside with a friend when my
mother came charging out the house. She yelled, "The Japs have attacked
Pearl Harbor".
The next day, the school broadcast Roosevelt's address to the Congress.
Things have never been quite the same since.

It did come to me quite later, that Roosevelt had backed the Japanese into a
corner and that perhaps he had goaded them into doing something.

Jim

Posted to rec.woodworking

marc rosen wrote:

On Dec 7, 5:40Â*pm, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:
On this anniversary date, lest we not forget 67 years ago today.

Lew

Thanks for mentioning it here Lew, it's been on my mind for days.

Not to lesten the impact of that, but 28 years ago tomorrow.

Give Peace a Chance.
--
Froz...

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
On this anniversary date, lest we not forget 67 years ago today.

Lew

Would that be when World War II was already 2 years and 3 months old.

John G.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"John G." wrote:

Would that be when World War II was already 2 years and 3 months
old.

Back when I was still sailing on the Great Lakes, would sail across
Lakes Erie & Huron to the southern and/or western shores of Ontario
visiting the little port towns there.

This was in the 70s & 80s and a visit to one of these towns was like
traveling in a time warp back to the 40s when I was growing up or so
it seemed.

Each of these little towns would have a park with a war memorial to
the fallen.

In some it would be to the participants of the war of 1812 when
Canada was still fighting with the British, which meant these were
enemies of then USA at that time.

Others were to the fallen of WWII, many of whom died before
12/07/1941.

As I stood there reading and counting the names, I began to understand
what a large percentage of the Canadian population had given their
lives in WWII.

To this day, standing in front of that memorial in Kincardine looking
at that memorial, lighted only by street lights, is still vivid in my
memory.

Canada is also where the Brits trained fighter pilots before
12/07/1941.

They have a plane on an elevated display to acknowledge the fact in
the first town west of the Welland canal whose name escapes me at the
moment.

(Crazy bunch of fun folks in that town)

Yes, I remember.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

Jim wrote:

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
On this anniversary date, lest we not forget 67 years ago today.

Lew

Yes, I remember it quite well. I was playing outside with a friend when
my
mother came charging out the house. She yelled, "The Japs have attacked
Pearl Harbor".
The next day, the school broadcast Roosevelt's address to the Congress.
Things have never been quite the same since.

It did come to me quite later, that Roosevelt had backed the Japanese into
a corner and that perhaps he had goaded them into doing something.

Jim

Yep, no matter what has happened, it's always the fault of the US. Just
out of curiosity, how was the US at fault for Hitler's invasion of the
Sudetenland?

Posted to rec.woodworking

John G. wrote:
"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
On this anniversary date, lest we not forget 67 years ago today.

Lew

Would that be when World War II was already 2 years and 3 months
old.

Oh go suck a kangaroo.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Posted to rec.woodworking

Lew Hodgett wrote:
On this anniversary date, lest we not forget 67 years ago today.

Lew

67 years ago my mother was 16. She never forgave the emperor for
spoiling her party.

Dave
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 7, 8:10*pm, Mark & Juanita wrote:

* Yep, no matter what has happened, it's always the fault of the US. *Just
out of curiosity, how was the US at fault for Hitler's invasion of the
Sudetenland? *

Oh stop flogging yourself and try to observe the difference between
the US from WW2 (and before) and the last 8 years.
Somehow "Right Or Wrong My Country" has to some deteriorated into
"Screw The World"
The so-caled Western Civilization is nothing but a faded, pale shadow
of it former moral self. Even up here, in good old passive Canada,
there are demonstrations because the clown, who is a Bush wannabe, has
hijacked the democracy.

....and here I am trying to sort out the whole pre/post tribulation
rapture thing... hey, but gas is cheap!

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 07 Dec 2008 22:40:48 GMT, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:

On this anniversary date, lest we not forget 67 years ago today.

Lew

It was (today's the 8th) a double anniversary for me, Lew..
Got out of the Army *gasp* 40 years ago, on 12/7/68

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 7 Dec 2008 20:16:09 -0500, "J. Clarke" wrote:

John G. wrote:
"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
On this anniversary date, lest we not forget 67 years ago today.

Lew

Would that be when World War II was already 2 years and 3 months
old.

Oh go suck a kangaroo.

--

Damn... I hate cleaning coffee off my monitor..
Thanks, John..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 8 Dec 2008 05:40:02 -0800 (PST), Robatoy
wrote:

On Dec 7, 8:10*pm, Mark & Juanita wrote:

* Yep, no matter what has happened, it's always the fault of the US. *Just
out of curiosity, how was the US at fault for Hitler's invasion of the
Sudetenland? *

Oh stop flogging yourself and try to observe the difference between
the US from WW2 (and before) and the last 8 years.
Somehow "Right Or Wrong My Country" has to some deteriorated into
"Screw The World"
The so-caled Western Civilization is nothing but a faded, pale shadow
of it former moral self. Even up here, in good old passive Canada,
there are demonstrations because the clown, who is a Bush wannabe, has
hijacked the democracy.

...and here I am trying to sort out the whole pre/post tribulation
rapture thing... hey, but gas is cheap!

Thats ok come December, 21 2012 the world will end. So have fun be
happy for tomorrow may not be.

Mark
Posted to rec.woodworking

Mark & Juanita wrote in
m:

Yep, no matter what has happened, it's always the fault of the US.
Just
out of curiosity, how was the US at fault for Hitler's invasion of the
Sudetenland?

I thought that was the Clintons' fault.
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , Markem markem
says...

Thats ok come December, 21 2012 the world will end. So have fun be
happy for tomorrow may not be.

It ended yesterday and nobody noticed.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 7, 5:59*pm, "Jim" wrote:
"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message

... On this anniversary date, lest we not forget 67 years ago today.

Lew

Yes, I remember it quite well. *I was playing outside with a friend when my
mother came charging out the house. *She yelled, "The Japs have attacked
Pearl Harbor".
The next day, the school broadcast Roosevelt's address to the Congress.
Things have never been quite the same since.

It did come to me quite later, that Roosevelt had backed the Japanese into a
corner and that perhaps he had goaded them into doing something.

Jim

You mean like the Rape of Nanking?

Wrong side of the world, but the Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere was
Japan's version of Nazi Germany's lebensraum(sp?).

Japan was headed the way it went before FDR took office.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Dec 7, 7:30*pm, "John G." wrote:
"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message

... On this anniversary date, lest we not forget 67 years ago today.

Lew

Would that be when World War II was already 2 years and 3 months old.

John G.

Actually, no. That was when the European War was two years and three
months old. The Japanese were kicking the crap out of the British in
Shanghai and other places, but, so far, there was no true world scope.

Easy Plug & Play System. Start Today - Profit Today! //www.online-jobs-4u.page.tl leena Home Ownership 1 August 26th 08 10:38 PM
OT; Today The Medway Handyman UK diy 0 May 4th 08 09:30 AM
What most of you are doing today 1-1-08 [email protected] Home Repair 0 January 2nd 08 04:10 AM
RWA today Oppie[_3_] Electronic Schematics 0 September 26th 07 08:12 PM
OT - Got My Book Today J T Woodworking 0 September 14th 07 07:56 PM